Lowest prices for your stay
$114
Expedia.com$114
Priceline$114
Hotels.com$114
1,627 results
All reviews tea and cake home made cakes central station charming hotel afternoon cakes chain hotels would definitely stay here again breakfast was excellent reception area scrambled eggs bars and restaurants location is excellent city centre sofa tram
Selected filters
Reviewed November 19, 2018

Centrally located, walking distance to train station. Close to all shopping areas in the heart of Gothenberg. Quiet despite central location. Building was an old charm but at the same time meets the necessities of modern life. Breakfast buffe`was not a huge collection but sufficient. Very friendly staff. Would highly recommend.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2018

Hotel Royal is the oldest hotel in Gothenburg (established in 1852) but kept up to modern day times. The hotel was located near the train station, about a five minute walk. Their hospitality was warm and friendly. The entrance was inviting, the hallways were bright and beautifully decorated with white wainscoting, the rooms were more than adequate in size which contained a comfortable bed, wardrobe, desk & chair, bench, and two upholstered chairs for comfort while watching the TV. Although a coffee pot was not in the room (which seemed typical of other hotels we stayed in) there was coffee and tea available throughout the day and delicious munchies available at night in the reception area. Breakfast was delicious! We would definitely stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2018

I stayed at the Royal before, but stepping into the reception is so impressive every time. The wonderful painted glass ceiling, the stair case, the lamps .... the whole atmosphere breathes history. My one person room was small but cosy and had art & craft objects which made it feel personal. The staff is very friendly and informal but correct. Everything is clean and fresh. The bed was comfy. At breakfast there’s something for all tastes. I love this place.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2018

I travelled solo to Gothenburg without having any specific expectations of the city or the hotel. It was my first experience of Scandinavia, definitely the right choice. The hotel was lovely, from the moment I checked in; staff is super friendly (doesn't feel like it's forced), I arrived early in the day and they swapped rooms so I could check-in early and get on with my day. They also spent a lot of time showing me all the places of interest based on things that I like to do (arts, parks, quirky eco independental coffee places..) The room was fab, very cosy, well lit and organised, clean with a homely feel. Breakfast was very nice, freshly brewed coffee, make your own waffles, cheese, bread, yogurts, fruits, pastries .. everything you really need. The hotel interior is very nice with an uthentic and warm feel to it. The location is just perfect, I walked almost everywhere. I'd definitely stay again.

Room tip: I think they all must be nice, I stayed in a single room on a smaller side but the nicest I've ever stayed in.
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2018

Great location. Very nice, spacious, comfortable room. Every area of the hotel we visited, was spotless. Staff were very helpful and attentive. Wish we had been able to stay longer! Enjoyed our stay and would love to go back.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple