“Good food, but make sure you are in no hurry!”
Review of Bombay Palace

Bombay Palace
Ranked #235 of 1,300 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Bombay Palace's location is nearly perfect situated by Heden in central Gothenburg. The food is excellent but expect some time as we needed to wait for the food nearly 20 minutes. The waitors speak bad Swedish but it didn't make any diffrence for us.

The lunch menu is really good priced and food size is perfect for a lunch.

Bombay Palace has good glutenfree food. The papadum bread is glutenfree, but the Nanbread is not.

1  Thank MarieJK
There are newer reviews for Bombay Palace

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have used this restaurant for take away several times and lately it has deteriorated in quality unfortunately. Rice has been rock hard, portions have been small.
Last visit at the restaurant gave me the same experience. The rice was not soft, felt almost re-heated with hard pieces here and there. Portion delivered to the table was quite small with some 4-5 minor chicken pieces.
The butter chicken was ordered with medium strength but was very mild but very good taste.
Service was ok. I would give better grades for the food if it wasn't for the bad rice and small portion.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Mr Arun Owner of Hotel is friendly. Indian Food is great and rates are very reasonable. 2 Min. Walking distance from Avenue. All market is nearby. Mr. Arun has not taken bill from us on our last day at Gothenburg.I m really very thankful to Mr & Mrs Arun.

2  Thank sanjay s
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Riche tasting indain tastign food. The resturant is very tired and so is the menue. I would call this very good indian food. And i would say the prices are good value, so if you want a cheep resturant this is the place.

1  Thank Harald B
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Gothenburg has quite a few Indian restaurants but my experience is that they are all very simple, so when a friend suggested we should eat Indian on a visit back to my old home town I was hesitating. I didn't need however. This restaurant serves excellent food, well and freshly spiced. I saw someone complaining about the lack of quality ingredients but I don't agree - at least not when you are compare to the other joints in Gothenburg or the Indian food I get back in Bangkok. Also in Bangkok I would put especially the curries at the higher end. The bread was lacking something and was a bit hard. The ambiance is quite nice as well but a bit crowded and just a touch of India - the last thing can be both a bad and a good thing depending on your taste though... Not very cheap with main dishes hovering around 150 SEK.

2  Thank Matjesill