“Great trip for the boys”
Review of Volvo Museum

Volvo Museum
Ranked #9 of 135 things to do in Gothenburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A JOURNEY THROUGH VOLVO'S HISTORY Welcome to a world of iconic car models, groundbreaking innovations and imaginative prototypes. At Volvo Museum you can take a trip through Volvo's history and heritage, all the way from the start in 1927. Our collection encompasses a wide range of passenger cars, buses and heavy trucks as well as marine engines and construction equipment. But you don't have to be a petrolhead (or a dieselhead for that matter) to appreciate Volvo Museum. There's lots for everybody to experience - whether you want to learn about a unique piece of Swedish 20th century history or just want to be nostalgic about the good old times. And the youngest ones will enjoy the childrens' car -- a classic Volvo to play around in.
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The Volvo museum is next the where the cruise ships dock, so a great little excursion you can straight off the boat if travelling that way. It approx £6 to get in so doesn't break the bank. The collection includes all the cars they've made, buses, trucks and even a section on their inclusion in the yacht racing, we didn't have the time to include this in our trip. Some of the cars were able to be accessesed. There's even a blown up child seat for adults to sit in, great photo opportunity and a good persudtion next time your child doesn't want to sit in their car seat, they can be "just like daddy in the photo"

Reviewed August 31, 2012

If you have been to any of the German car museums (I have been to Audi, M-Benz, BMW and Porsche), this is NOT where close. If you are a Volvo fan OR if you have extra time, I'd see it... otherwise, I think there are better options.

2  Thank lwelshCO
Reviewed August 19, 2012

this was definitely the place that gave me the 'wow' effect. i have always been fascinated to automobiles and so visited this place, and this museum didn't disappoint me at all.
the manner in which the cars are displayed and explanation boards are put up, visitors really feel that they have learned a lot, by the end of the tour inside. all the sections are well placed, and follows the time-based chronology of the manner in which Volvo introduced different machines into the market.

the only thing that i didn't like was the merchandise placed therein. i felt them to be overpriced (and they were sourced from other countries, as evident from the tags). also, this place is a bit far off from the city (but this distance is no match for the offering of this place)

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Having bought my first Volvo, I was interested in learning about how the company was formed and what had led to their obsession with safety and value!

There are cars from all different eras as well as trucks and commercial vehicles. Interesting to learn of where Volvo wants to take the vehicles to the next step.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

As a newly proud owner of a Volvo XC 90 I couldnt leave without seeing these museum and not only because Volvo paid for our admission, but It was a pleasant surprise to see all the latest and greatest of Volvo advances from past history of an antique desk where the two founders sat starring at each other everyday probly to see who can come-up with the next " Big Thing", to the Volvo evolution from a wooden vehicular body frame, turbine jet engines, to the proudly sponsored Volvo international Ocean Race around the world. We took picts on a halfway cut boat equiped with a few Ipads to take picts that we can email to ourselves which I thought was preaty neat, we walked through tons of cool stuff and to be honest at first I thought it would be a boring museum we can kill time while our Volvo gets the rubber matting installed, but we were glad we got to see and I was not surprised that it is one of the top things to see and do besides taking shots of Abosolute (made in Sweden but originally bought-out from Demark says the wine bar tender who nicely offered us several free samples of wine at the Border Shop; thank you nice lady!). I most defitnatly reccomend checking out these museum hopefully Volvo can pay for it since it is preaty damn expensive in Swedan @ or around 9 SK to a Dollar.