“Loved the top floor featuring the colorists”

Museum of Fine Art (Goteborgs Konstmuseum)
Ranked #10 of 130 things to do in Gothenburg
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Loved the top floor featuring the colorists”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was a nice sized museum that even attracted my teenagers.
They had the Andy Warhol exhibit when we visited. The downstairs smelled of the homebaked cookies made in the cafe!
Under 25 is free, which I think is great to encourage younger people to enjoy the arts. Had a great collection of different periods. Would recommend.

Visited June 2012

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“It wasn't for me”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Personally I prefer modern art, so I went for the Bacon/Warhol exhibition which was small but enjoyable. When I ventured upstairs to the permanent collection was disappointing. There was a mix of slightly more modern art in with the older stuff (some cubism and impressionism) but not enough to keepe me entertained. I can't be too disappointed as the whole thing is free for under 25s so I didn't pay anything, but I wouldn't go back here.

Visited June 2012
baton rouge
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“wonderful museum”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Wonderful museum. A great collection of old and modern collections. Highly recommend

Visited May 2012
Sydney, Australia
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A varied and intriguing collection”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I didn't know I would find a Rembrandt painting at this museum, but I also didn't expect to be blown away by paintings by painters I never heard of. This museum is well worth seeking out!

Visited April 2012
North Carolina
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Good art museum - not very large”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I recently visited the museum while in Gothenburg in early May 2012. As most museums they are closed on Mondays. The day I was there they opened at 11:00am.

One FYI: if you have any big bags or coats they will make u rent a locker (need a 5 krona coin). They attendant forgot to tell me and as I started to view the exhibits someone came up and explained that I needed to return to the front and put my belongings in a locker. You will get your 5 krona bk when you return to your locker.

Tip from attendant: go to the top floor and work your way down. Worked great as most people don't ask for suggestions and start at the bottom and have to deal with the first morning crowds.

Visited May 2012