“Expensive but fun” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Gothenburg Hop-On Hop-Off Boat Tour
Ranked #2 of 116 things to do in Gothenburg
More attraction details
Owner description: This popular amusement park offers everything from thrill rides to quiet gardens.
Pune, India
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Expensive but fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

All sorts of rides and eating places make it a really nice, well laid out amusement park to visit. We tried to limit our expense to one coupon booklet (for the four of us) and almost succeeded...even managing a roller coaster (they have 3-4 options) within it. Really enjoyed our 3-4 hours in the park, including a quick lunch

Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Rome, Italy
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Your only choice for food is Burger King!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went here on a Wednesday and the park itself is lovely and large and not too crowded. There was a very short queue to get in as all the counters were open and serving guests, and we got ourselves two entry-and-all-you-can-ride passes for 395 SEK each.

The most popular attractions (read: rollercoasters) had 15 minute queues each, not too bad for an amusement park in the summer! I rode on the calmest rollercoaster, the Lisebergbanan, and the big kid with me rode on Balder and the truly terrifying Kanonen. His only complaint were that the rides were too short (around a minute to two minutes each). We also rode on the tamer rides, mostly for my behalf. So we did the Princess Caste, Jukebox, Wave Swinger, Ferris Wheel, and the spinning ride whose name I forget. No wait to ride those at all!

My only issue with the park is that your choice of food is so limited. Besides the stalls which sell hotdogs and ice cream, you basically have Burger King. Burger King eeeeverrywheeeere! I don't really like Burger King at all, so we ended up not eating at the park. Oh, there are the pricier restaurants of course, for meals that cost around 200 SEK each, but we've tried eating at those establishments during the Liseberg Christmas Market and they were bland and yucky. Not worth the money at all.

Looking back, we didn't get our money's worth for the entrance fee. We could have gone on more rides. Families with really small children would love the new Rabbit Land and thrill-seekers (like my park date) would love the scarier rides, but I didn't quite feel catered for. I'm the kind of person to ride "caterpillar" rollercoasters and the gentler fun rides. Unfortunately, I couldn't ride those "kiddie" rides without a child! I could have borrowed a random child just to ride with me, but parents may not take that very well.

All in all, a nice place to visit, but it doesn't compare to amusement parks in Australia or the United States. And definitely, definitely bring your own food unless you want to pay for bad burgers.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank encreverte
Malmo, Sweden
“great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great fun! You can spend all day riding many different roller coasters. I visit liseberg at least once a year.

Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Fun Times!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Loads of stuff for the bigger kids but also for the smaller. My daughter was a bit disappointed she didn't quite reach the heights on some rides (like the bumper cars, which at other theme parks she has been on no problem), even with her dad, but my young son loved the rabbits!! The baby change rooms were great, very neat and tidy.
My one big disappointment is while there I heard so many people speaking in English, yet everything there is written in Swedish. If you are to be a world class theme park, then you need to cater to international people the way other theme parks in other non english speaking countries do.

Visited May 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Swedens best amusement park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Loads of queuing as in all amusement parks, but funny rides and fair eatings. Especially nice rollercoasters and water rafts.

Visited July 2012