We had room 415 and although it was very very small, it was sufficient for us for our city break. When we arrived the room was very warm so we had to turn the radiator down - not a big deal really. The bed is tiny - I would say smaller than a double bed, and you only get one pillow each which again are really small. On our first night we had to use the cushion from the chair in the room, but on the second night we asked for more pillows and the hotel staff brought them. The room was clean and comfortable apart from that! Being pregnant I had asked for a quiet room. We were given one at the front of the hotel and despite arriving at 1.30am on a Friday night, the noise levels were fine.
The hotel is really nice, and the buffet breakfasts are great. It's a bit chaotic, but there is a wide range of food (bacon, beans, eggs, porridge, cheeses and meats, breads, yoghurt and muesli etc) so there should be something to suit everyone. They even have gluten free cereals! The staff on reception were really helpful, and as we checked out early we were able to leave our luggage at the hotel until the evening and make the most of our time in the city. I'd go back, but perhaps upgrade to a slightly bigger room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Scandic Rubinen is located on Avenyn in central Gothenburg, a stone's throw from the famous bronze sculpture of Poseidon at Gotaplatsen and Kungsportsplatsen. Scandic Rubinen's central location in Gothenburg makes the hotel an ideal place for those who want to be close to Gothenburg's culture, shopping and city life. From our hotel you're also within a walking distance from many of Gothenburg's most popular attractions such as Liseberg amusement park, Universeum Science Centre and the Rohsska Museum. After expansion and renovation in spring 2014, Rubinen has a new design by DOOS architects. The interior has an urban feel and a homely elegance with a mix of colours, shape and details. Facility Our hotel is a natural meeting place in Gothenburg and we offer something to suit all tastes. Ruby Bar is Scandic Rubinen's very own living room and is open day and night. Both hotel guests and Gothenburg locals dine here, and our bar terrace is a great place to sit and watch the city entertainment. Our very own Roof Top bar is located on the 7th floor, with views over the rooftops of Gothenburg and fashionable Avenyn. When you stay with us, you can keep up your workouts in our gym or unwind in our relaxation suite with sauna. Our completely new conference and events floor offers facilities for 2-180 people, and events can be customised for up to 300 people all on one floor. Next to our meeting facilities, there's also an inviting terrace where both fresh air and a drink can be enjoyed by private parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Scandic Hotels, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Rubinen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Rubinen Gothenburg
- Scandic Rubinen Hotel Gothenburg