“Middle of the road...”
Review of Hotel Riverton

Hotel Riverton
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Gothenburg
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed one night on a business trip and it was just one of the many Hotels that you put your head to rest and forget about the next morning. Nothing special, a smaller sized room, efficient but otherwise non-fancy bathroom, what else can I say? Had too many of those.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Susanna T, Front Office Manager at Hotel Riverton, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Hello and thanks for your review.
We're sorry to hear that you don't think we are more than mediocre, but we are constantly working to improve ourselves so your opinion is important to us. Only 2% of our rooms have no renovated bathrooms, the rest are designed with special glass from Italy.
We hope after all that you want to visit us again.
Best regards

Reviewed July 20, 2012

A decent hotel, some nice features, but what a high cost!
Still, it seems the going rate in Gothenburg.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Susanna T, Front Office Manager at Hotel Riverton, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Thank you for your review!
The summer is a peak period and therefor the rates are high, but as you say- in the whole city.
I really hope that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a nice time in Gothenburg.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed in familyroom, size ok. Excellent queensize bed, and double sofabed. No A/C in the room means you need an open windows during summer time. Some traffic noise may be heard from the lower floors with open window.
Free wifi with excellent quality. Very good breakfast, a wide selection of hot and cold food, and everything fresh.
Location: By the docks, I guess like 15 mins or so to walk to central area like Avenyn.
If you travel by car make sure you includ reservation of parking when you book. Riverton has limited space for parking, and nearby parking is expensive.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review!
I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, welcome back to us at Hotel Riverton

Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a hotel that scores well in all respects.

Nice comfortable room. The bed was very comfortable, a nice big (46" ?) flatscreen tv and a modern bathroom.
We stayed 2 adults and a kid so we had the sofa bed out. It made the room a bit crowded but workable.
Breakfast had a big selection of everything -fresh bread, cheese, meats, fruits, coffee and scored well with the whole family.

Location is walking distance from main shopping areas - 5-20 minutes walk.

Everything was nice and clean, service good and only complaint I can think of was that the room was very warm when we arrived.
All in all the place should be a safe bet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us this summer!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The first impression was not really nice, as the hotel has a rather boring location and entrance area. There is a free parking area right outsidethe reception, but all the spots where occupied during our stay. Be prepared to pay around SEK 15 per hour on a public parking area 100 meters away. We stayed in a family room, with an extra bed for our two kids. The rooms seems to be refurbished and the standard is good. There is a "sky-bar" at the upper floor. The breakfast was really good. It is a 15 min walk to the restaurant street "Avenuen" and 15 min drive the Liseberg amusement park.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I found this hotel to be very good and safe. Excellent Breakfast buffet and professional staff. It is also easy to locate and prices are quite lower than other good hotels of its standard in Riga.

Room Tip: The room I used was in 4th floor and it was generally quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for your review and welcome back to us at Riverton!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Have just returned from a 2 Night stay at the Riverton and was overall impressed with the Hotel.

Check In was Friendly & Professional.

My Room was situated on the 5Th Floor (Queen Deluxe Suite).

I was quite surprised by the size of the room, I would call it compact,but feel that if I had traveled with my Wife. Space would of been quite tight.

Cleanliness was, as expected to a very high Standard.

The Bathroom was exceptional. Glass Finish and a Fine Wet Room.

The Beds were comfortable but instead of a Queen Size Bed , I had 2 x Singles pushed together.
If I had traveled with my Wife this would have been very disappointing,especially for the Price Charged for the Room.

The Weather in Gothenburg was very warm so i did find it extremely strange that the Room had no Air Conditioning??
A fan was provided and you could Open the Window.
But as this is the 21st Century,I believe they should seriously look at this.

I decided to Dine in the Restaurant/Bar this Evening which is situated on the 12th Floor.
The view is Stunning and I highly recommend that if you stay at the Hotel to then do visit.

The Food is exceptional, Having eaten Rich Food over the past days ,I opted for the Angus Burger. I knew I was onto a Winner when the waiter asked how I would like the Burger cooked, and recommended Medium.

Service was excellent,attentive but not overly so.

Breakfast is served on the 1st Floor and was of a Good Standard with Good Choice of Items.

The Riverton is situated about 10 min walk to the Tram Station and Town Square,which has more that enough Bars & Eateries to choose from, the Stena Line Ferry Terminals are also only a Short walk away for Ferries to Kiel (Germany) & Friedickshavin(Denmark)

So overall, a Proffesional place to stay.
Couples if they get there rooms right.
Would i recommend Families. Not Really.

Room Tip: Go for Floor Five, was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business