All reviews city centre converted brewery nice hotel river view nice view the cleaning lady friendly city shower area five minute walk overnight stay nice environment steam room stena line the sofa bed small things nice stay parking place
Selected filters
Reviewed May 31, 2019

I liked the surrounding area and the lovely view from our sea facing room. Breakfast was also quite substantive, though tends to get busy.
Didn't like the room however. Too dark, gloomy, and not thoughtfully designed. It's there in the small things that irk - mirror where you have to bend to see your face, too small spaces next to the bed, the table, and TV to keep things, a shower area that is a pain to access (you would probably sprain your back entering the bath tub and learning to use the shower). The bed was not the comfiest I have slept in and the sofa bed was bad. They do supply toiletries however, and have a kettle in the room. Sound insulation was poor.
All in all, this hotel spoilt my experience of the city and I do feel there may be better places to stay for the same or a slightly higher price point.

Room tip: Ask for higher floors and sea facing.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
J-Dellblad, Hotelldirektör at Best Western Plus Hotel Waterfront Goteborg, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Dear Rashig,

I am sorry to hear that we spoilt your experience of Gothenburg.

Most of our rooms have a spacious shower if you do not wish a bath tub. All is explained on our web page.

Best regards

Reviewed May 1, 2019

Wonderful scenic location, right on the trolley and ferry lines. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel itself was clean, quiet and a real delight. Breakfast had a wide variety of options. This is one of the better places I have ever stayed.

Room tip: Get one facing the outside of the property -- looking across the river is delightful (I had 720).
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
J-Dellblad, Hotelldirektör at Best Western Plus Hotel Waterfront Goteborg, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

Thank you, we are so glad to hear that!

Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

Lovely location right at the water, scenic walks or 20-25 min walk to city center, or five min walk to tram. Comfortable bed and a brilliant tv. Mini fridge. Clean. Breakfast has a lot of options, but stay away from scrambled eggs and the hot food if you’re not an early bird. When we arrived it was less then fresh to say the least... Bar on second floor has a great view and friendly staff, dead though and interior from the 90s. Great little pub right outside, so check out Porter Pelle.
This hotel is grand if you’re a tourist, but our room was not up to standard for romantic get away. Okey, but no feeling of luxury.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
J-Dellblad, Hotelldirektör at Best Western Plus Hotel Waterfront Goteborg, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Thank you for your review Emmamell! Your opinion is important to us for keeping a high standard.

Regards

Reviewed February 3, 2019

Very good services in this beautiful Hotel . You can book this hotel just for scenery on the harbor. Beautiful vue on the bridge . Continental Breakfast or swedish breakfast both are very good . Very quiet place .

Room tip: Ask for a view on the bridge it's magnificient
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2019 via mobile

My company booked me in this little gem for 3 nights. Can’t say it’s a bad one at all.
The rooms are spacious and clean and well looked after. Room tidy Service everyday is great. Restaurant on floor 2 is open , very spacious and the food on the menu is lovely. I tried the Thai green chicken curry. And I must say I was not disappointed.
Also within 10 mins of our offices and 20 mins back to the airport.
Next time I’m Gothenburg I hope to stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
J-Dellblad, Hotelldirektör at Best Western Plus Hotel Waterfront Goteborg, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2019

Thank you for the nice review and welcome back!