“Modern hotel on outskirts”

Best Western Plus Hotel Waterfront Goteborg
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
hamilton
“Modern hotel on outskirts”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a boutique type modern hotel sitting on the river on the outskirts of the City. You would need a hire car but It has its own free car park which is handy. The rooms are modern and perfect for a couple away for a city break. Free wifi and the bathroom has everything you'll need. There is a buffet breakfast included which was really good. Every type of cold breakfast and hot choices too. Great start to the day. I liked the restaurant at night, the food was good and the outlook on to the river through the big windows as the sun goes down is relaxing. Staff were friendly. We stayed here twice and enjoyed it. My only criticism is that at the entrance to the carpark and hotel there were several bins overflowing with rubbish and this made great pickings for the local birds who made a lovely mess on the pavement. It looked awful and if it were me in the hotel management I would be making sure each morning that was cleared up but it wasn't.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sasagnew
J-Dellblad, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Waterfront Goteborg, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your stay, I am glad you liked our hotel! We do have a lot of hungry birds in the area, as we are close to the sea. Together with our neighbours we are trying to keep the area clean, but from now on we will work harder!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here cause we wanted to go mountain-biking in Sweden. This air conditioned hotel on the outskirts of town and having its own parking area as advertised should have been a good choice. Well not for us! The room was like a freaking sauna! The windows could only be opened a tad. The bed was hard and uncomfy. The internet soooo slow with frequent outage or no internet with full wifi signal. what the fxck? We left the car on their parking lot overnight next to CC camera's with a Novotel parking permit. The second night some jerk decided to steal our mountainbikes using all force required. Of course the hotel can not be blaimed for this but it would have been so nice if somebody had warned us that we'd better leave our bikes inside due to active crime in this area. The manager felt genuinely sorry and would ask her technical manager to pull up the security footage and have us call us back?? So far zilch. Well it ruined our summer vacation!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank olaf l
J-Dellblad, General Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Waterfront Goteborg, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that your mountain bikes where stolen when visiting us in Göteborg. I understand such an experience ruins the whole trip. My Front-Office Manager has been in contact with you regarding the surveillance cameras. If you consider visiting Sweden again you are more than welcome to us. We will give you a better time I can guarantee, but I cannot promise you Mediterranean weather!
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Sun set view very nice when you drink your beer.
Room are ok. Tipical Novotel room not much not less. Rooms are quiet and big enough.
Location ; far from city center you can take ferry or taxi. Taxi very expensive in gothenburg.
Thereis no shopping center around the hotel. only cat food restaurant near the hotel. So you have only chance to eat at hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Tavistock, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on a visit to Gothenburg. The reviews were good, but the main draw was the free parking - an important factor when staying in Gothenburg. It is also very easy to get to from the Ferry Terminals. The hotel was excellent in every way; clean; comfortable, friendly staff. Breakfast was excellent. The Hotel is very close to tram routes which mean that getting into the centre of the town is very easy and takes only a few minutes. Tram passes can very useful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The location is by the water and old brewery that has been totally remodel
Modern bathroom and you clean room. Tea coffee maker in room with ref mini bar
Great breakfast as you could look out at the water bridge and watch boats ferries
Free parking which was to only place we found with free parking in all of our stays in Sweden
There is laundry machine if you need to do a load
Front desk helpful and all speak English which we found through out Sweden

Good value I would stay there again .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed May 14, 2013

What I liked:
- Quite spacious room with a big and comfortable bed
- Sofa in the room
- Modern interior of the room
- Comfortable desk area
- Plenty of tasty options for the breakfast
- Cleanliness
- Wonderful view from the restaurant
- Decent meals in the restaurant
- Friendly and efficient staff at the reception

What could be improved:
- Sometimes the coffee or tea bags were not replenished daily
- The service at the restaurant was a bit slow
- Plates available during the breakfast were quite small (I guess I have never seen such small plates in any other hotel) and therefore it was a bit problematic to fit in even just a few items

Overall, that is a really nice hotel which is (unfortunately) located a bit off the centre. If that is not a problem for the guest, I am pretty sure that he or she would be very happy about staying in Novotel. I will definitely consider staying there again.

Room Tip: River-facing rooms are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kopavogur, Iceland
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed there for few nights. I have stayed in Gothenburg before but then more in the center. It takes like 28 minutes to go from the hotel to center + walking, but this just means you spend less money.

The hotel is in a old porter brewer factory. Nice concept and renovations. Rooms large, beds comfortable, free good WiiFii and everything clean and in order. Very beautiful view from the hotel and extremely beautiful to walk the coast close to the water and bridge.There is sauna, steam room and more for free use for guests.

I liked the hotel and it's surrounded, save for that the service could have been better. They should care more about the customer.

When I arrived my reservation was not found, but I had written confirmation. They made fuzz about this but then gave me free room.

First morning I woke up by a knock on the room. Suddenly while I was still in bed housekeeping was there in the room. It was only 8.38. I came down to breakfast 9.13. The breakfast was to 9.30 but they had started to clear things away, so I quickly went to gather food on plate and stack up on my table, so to speak. Finally I was getting my coffee to then sit down and eat. When I turned around with the coffee, I noticed a waiter taking all my food (break, egg, fruits etc) and putting it together in one plate!!! I almost came running and asked what she was doing. She told me "it is now 9.30 - breakfast is over !!! I asked if I could not eat the food I had put on plate and she repeated "Breakfast is over" I also asked again and then she said I could eat.

Next day I had no problems, except when I went to get the coffee refilled I took with me food I had left.

Day after that, I was growing more confident and left my bread on the table when I got coffee refill. The bread was gone when I got back, but this time I had time and could go and get more bread.

Morning after, I waiting for the cleaning made to bother me but she didn't come early. I left three times in the morning and always untidy when I got back to the room. At 1 pm I was starting to write, when there was a knock on my door and the maid asked if the room wasn't clean and if I didn´t have plenty of towels. I asked for my room to be cleaned and then she left.

So, the hotel was fine, but service would be improved a lot.

Room Tip: With a view to the water.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo