“Very comfortable”

Ranked #21 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Le Vaud, Switzerland
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Having stayed at another hotel on my last visit to Gothenburg, I was delighted with this one because it was warm, comfortable and clean. Sound-proofing in the room was was excellent. There was everything I needed for a good night's sleep. The location is great with bars, cafes, restaurants and clubs nearby...however, I relied on the hotel restaurant as this was a working trip. Limited menu and everything was nice except the dreadful white fried bread upon which was served the beautiful prawn salad...yuk...it should have been dark rye. Breakfasts very good with lots of choice and various diets catered for. I didn't use the health club but did take a look and it seemed OK, although the "relax pool" is just a shallow plunge pool and not for swimming. I couldn't fault the service; the staff were very prompt to respond (leaking sink, laundry, enquiry about the bill etc.) and very pleasant too. I hope to stay here again when I next visit Gothenburg.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Grenoble, France
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed there for business reason.
Hotel location is just wonderful to enjoy Gothenburg after work. Close to all the bars and places to hang out.
Room was silent, bed comfortable, even and iron board was available without having to request for it at the lobby.
Breakfast was the classical continental one, fresh and tasty.
I recommend for an efficient business trip!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Well located hotel in the centre of Gothenburg, very clean but the rooms are limited. Breakfast is exceptionally good as you would expect in any reasonable Swedish hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are priced fairly. Probably the best hotel in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank SRB07
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 8, 2014

have stayed here several times over the years, the hotel keeps improving, physically and in terms of service. Room size is good for sweden/europe, and mattresses are not the usual soft ones so often found here. Good choice of tv cable channels (that is, for English language programs and movie channels). B'fast buffet only average. Service makes a difference here. Lots to see and do around the hotel, but it is a walk from the main shopping difference (not more than 15 mins; in the winter, it seems like 30…) Gothenburg is a large city in terms of size, so be sure you are in the right area if you are there for business.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Shropshire
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had a good room in this hotel - with a comfortable bed, a kettle, an ironing board and a hair dryer (none of which should be taken as a given in Sweden). Nice bathroom, good shower. Free wifi with a decent speed to it.

There was a nice selection of food at breakfast. It was extremely busy, but I found a table with no problem. I also ate here at lunchtime with colleagues - the food was delicious. The only time I struggled was with room service. I was told by both reception and, when I telephoned by the restaurant, that the menu was on the TV. I looked all around and couldn't find it. I even tried the web ... and even Facebook! But no - I gave up and ate the chocolate in the minibar for two nights, and then they forgot to restock it on the last day so I did without. Do watch your bill - they were about to charge me for a wine from the minibar that I didn't take, but removed it without question when I pointed it out.

Somehow this place had a bit of a bland feel about it to me. Hard to put my finger on why, but it did. It was a perfectly OK place to stay for business (except I really would have liked some room service!) but I wouldn't stay here for a holiday.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Upplands-Vasby, Sweden
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I'm sorry to say that I was so disappointed of this hotel. I'm a regular Elite customer and I really love their hotels, especially Elite Marina Tower in Stockholm, and I have stayed in many of them.
This was the first time in this hotel though, and it did not live up to ordinary Elite standard.
I had booked a DeLuxe room to have some space, which I like, and also because there was an executive lounge for breakfast which is usually more quiet.
My room was quite small, the TV was strangely placed and I did not have a make-up mirror (which is a must for me), no shower just a tub. So I upgraded to a junior suite.
But when I got there the beds were awful. They were so low and so dated it was like lying in a hammock. Both beds were just the same. I couldn't sleep well that night, woke up all the time so by morning I was so tired. I was in Gothenburg to attend an education and it’s very hard to do that when you haven’t slept well. Before leaving I told them in the reception, and they said I would have another room when I returned. I also asked for a room closer to the elevator (that is I have trouble walking due to rheumatism) because the suite I had was at the end of the corridor the furthest away from the elevator.
Upon returning I had another suite, as far from the elevator as the previous one. The same saggy beds and the TV entertainment system didn't work despite the repairman trying to fix it.
By that time I was so tired and I didn't want to make more fuss so I just went to bed and had yet another bad night.
In the morning I went to the executive lounge for breakfast and it was there and then it sealed the deal. Bad sour ham! Luckily I smelled it before putting on my sandwich. That is so not the way to serve breakfast in a 4-star hotel!
The staff was very nice and tried to do as much as they could so I give them top rating regarding service, but it's not easy to give service when they don't have the goods.
I'm sorry to say I will not be staying at this hotel again, at least not until they get new beds.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed January 6, 2014

As I have said before, nothing in Scandinavia is a good deal if you are from America, so be prepared to pay a LOT for everything. That being said, our room was advertised as a junior suite and it really was a superior room in comparable size. However, the room was fairly attractive and comfortable. Breakfast was also fairly good and they had a wide range of selections. Parking was a massive rip-off for an unattended lot.

The very bad came in the form of the "spa and relaxation room". When we entered the men's room that connects to the "pool", we saw a massive amount of water flooding the floor. All around were discarded towels. As we entered the "pool" area (it requires a key card that you must secure from the desk first), the pool was about the size of an inner city backyard. Add to that the fact that only one sauna was working and that 4 people were already filling it to capacity...and you have a bad experience. The pool room itself was foot deep in water all around the edges and it was clear that no one had staffed the room in hours/days?

There are two adjoining restaurants - however, skip the hotel restaurant. Scandinavian food is fairly low on the "yum" list and the horrendously overpriced offers they had on the menu were abysmal. The King's Arms is a pub that is annexed to the hotel (have to go outside to enter) and it is actually a pretty good eatery. nothing fancy, but what in Sweden really is?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple