“Good place to stay”

Linne Hostel
Crotone, Italy
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

It's a nice hostel in a good position,it was not difficult to reach. The city isn't very big so you can move by walking very easily without taking any conveyance.The hostel was very clean and well organized, even though it was a shared bathroom me and my friends had no problems. The staff was very kind and approachable. I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
bigaudchick
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I tried to book rooms with private bathrooms but they were all booked so we ended up staying in the rooms with shared bathrooms. (I booked early May and our stay was early July.) The front desk receptionist was friendly and accommodating and all the facilities were in good working order: bathrooms, shared kitchens and a laundry room that you could reserve.

However, there was a cold, funky feeling to the place. For example, there are only a few bathrooms on the main floor and you sometimes have to walk a long distance down the hall, through the communal kitchen, to find an available one. And that can be awkward when you’re in your pjs, needing to pee, cruising past the stranger sitting at the table in the middle of this long corridor, eating breakfast. There’s also randomly placed empty furniture in the halls like bookcases, desks, etc. Nothing terrible. Just not quite charming and pleasant. Oh and the window in our room opened directly onto the street just above my head. It was hot so we had to keep the window open but as people walked by, they sounded so close and I kept waiting for someone to reach their hand in and pat me on the head while I was sleeping. Fortunately that didn’t happen.

The location is ideal—close to the Linne and Haga districts and all their cool hangouts. We also liked walking up the stairs to Slottsskogen, a big park, and taking in the view of Gothenburg.

If going to Gothenburg again, I would try a private room at the Linne Hostel. I think one reviewer mentioned that they are in a different building. But I would rather not stay in one of the rooms with shared bathroom, in the main building, again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Sweden
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is a very well situated hostel, 30 min walk from the train station and close to lots of restaurants, bars and the University area. Staff were very friendly on the phone to organise check-in, which is a bit of a hazzle due to very limited reception hours. Had a single room which was very basic. A tiny single bed and a drawer. Full stop. That's fine, but the issue was VERY thin walls, could here every word said in the adjacent rooms and the corridor/kitchen outside. So, bring ear plugs!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Australia
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The hostel is pretty basic, small single beds and small rooms with a small television. You need to catch bus no 60 from Central Station which takes about 10 mins. The location is great, easy to walk to many cafes and there is a big park at the end of the road. You can hear everyone opening and closing the doors and talking in the corridors, but people were quiet after about 11pm. There is also some street noise but not too much and it is quieter at night. The separate women's showers down the end of the corridor are much cleaner than the single shower. You can use the washing machine for 50 SEK after 5pm. There is no breakfast, but a kitchen where you can prepare meals. Great free wifi that worked well. The reception is only open for limited hours I think it was 11am until 5pm and you can only check in between 3pm and 5pm.

Room Tip: I would try for a room away from the kitchen as they are more likely to be quieter
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank runitloveit
Minneapolis
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Linne Hostel was a comfortable place to stay. The room was quiet, and I slept quite well. The kitchen is small but quite useful. The hostel is well located to public transportation. It is a bit of an uphill climb from the tram stop, but the bus stop is literally outside the door.

I did encounter a few issues, some of which are the result of the other persons staying in the hostel.

The rooms appear quite clean, but, when I moved my bag, which was on the floor, it was covered in dust. The hostel is maintained well but could use a bit more cleaning attention.

Most significant is the number of bathrooms. If you are down the left hallway, there is one toilet and one toilet/shower combination. I'm not sure what the other guests were doing, the toilet/shower was understandably full of water but so was the normal toilet. LOTS of water was all over the floor, which then was tracked back into the room and the hallways. This issue started around 7 p.m. and continued into the morning. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I HATE wet floors. So, I walked the LONG way down the hall to the women's restroom, which was fine but not very convient.

I did not encounter a toliet availibility issue, but there are very few toilets and showers for the number of rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank LB6Travel
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2011

We stayed in Linne Hostel for 5 nights in a private room with 2 bunk beds. We enjoyed our stay because the hostel provided us with all the services we wanted and we feel it was very good value in Gothenburg. There was a full kitchen and plenty of fridge space, enough bathrooms and showers, a computer and free wifi. We found that there were many families that were staying in the hostel and we unfortunately didn't end up meeting other travelers during our stay as we expected. This may have been due to the fact it was a slow time of year.

We found the staff extremely helpful, especially Lynn. Lynn worked at the reception made sure everything was running smoothly. One light and the tv in our room didn't work on arrival but she called in help for the next day to fix the tv and gave us an extra lamp. She also let us use the laundry machines for free before we departed and replaced towels on request. We found her to be super friendly and enjoyed her tips on the area. She definitely made our stay better.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple