“Dust mites galore, no hot water”
Review of Kville Hotel

and 1 more site!
Kville Hotel
Ranked #64 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Dust mites galore, no hot water”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Good: friendly staff, acceptable breakfast (just about), free wifi, nice reception area with sofas.

Bad: dust mites. I am allergic to dust mite detritus, but usually don't have a problem in hotels and hostels. This place had me scratching so bad I had to move to somewhere else. Getting fresh sheets and not using a duvet made no difference. There was also no hot water for two days of my stay, which was apparently the fault of city maintenance, but either way is unacceptable. Dorms are very small.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank samtuke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vancouver, B.C
Reviewed September 12, 2011

me and my mom went to Sweden, we visit the city of Goteborg, and we stay at this hotel. breakfast was very good, with everything.
location is good cause is very near to the train station. but is not in the centre.
I recomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Pescara, Italy
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I've been here for a couple of nights with 2 friends. We got a room with bathroom that was quite small. Reception is not 24/7 but they give you a pin-code to access to the hotel. Breakfast is poor but good. Free WiFi and free coffee is not bad at all! Easy walk from tram, less than 10 minute tram ride to city center.

• Stayed August 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I and a friend of mine stayed at this hotel while attending a fair in Gothenburg. First of all, the person in charge of this hotel, forgot to mention that you have to use a code to enter, not the key. Which resulted in that we were locked out and had to knock on the door and ask some men drinking beer in the lounge area to open the door. Which they did. The friendly woman working in the kitchen then explained to us about the code.

In the information we recieved we were asked to check out between 9 and 11 am on Sunday morning. Which we planned to do, as well as to pay for our stay. However, there was no one in the reception. We asked the woman working in the kitchen where we could leave the keys and pay. She called the owner of the hotel, who said that he would be at the hotel after 30 min. Why would we stay there and wait for him? Why would we ask to pay? That is basic customer service. On top of that, this man asks if I can leave my credit card details to him over the phone after 30 min, and if not, if I could leave a note with my credit card details at the hotel! This is not the way a guest should be treated. So he then suggests that he can send an invoice and tells me to leave my address on a note at the hotel. I did that. However, we got no apologizes for the inconveniences. I have never encountered such a bad customer service, and I have stayed at many strange places, but where people have always been friendly and willing to help. This was just so disappointing.

On top of that I recieve a phone call one month later where the owner of the hotel again asks if I want to pay by credit card. Why would I? That is not my problem. I tell him to send me an invoice, and he should already have my address since I left it at the hotel ... but no, he doesn't have it! That is how much he cares about his guests. Plus he doesn't know if we were one or two persons staying at hotel, how many nights we stayed, or who had paid what ...

If you are a guest at this hotel, you as a guest has to be prepared to ask to pay for your stay. That is how welcome you are to this hotel. And if there will be issues, do not expect an apology. I would not recommend this place to anyone. You get better service at a cheaper hostel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Gothenburg hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Stayed here while swimming in a swim meet. Good breakfast, they made me a breakfast one day when I needed to leave early for the meet. Seemed very accommidating to all.

Front desk/reception is NOT 24/7 (not that it matters). Easy walk from tram, less than 10 minute tram ride to city center.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo