$126
Upper House(Gothenburg)
$398
$387
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsspacious roomsmall kitchenettecity centrefree laundry roomseparate bedroomlarge supermarketkitchen facilitiesper dayrental cartram ridegreat hotelstaying at this hotelparking garagebuffet breakfastmicrowavelisebergsauna
Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

Visited as part of a trip to liseberg - hotel has good tram links despite liseberg being about a 15-20 mins walk. Hotel was clean and staff were friendly. Room was spacious although having two single duvets on a double bed was a bit peculiar. Would certainly stay again when I return to liseberg the future!

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends
Lisa B, Reservation Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Mektagonen, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2016

Thank you for your feedback!
I´m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here.
I hope you come back to visit us soon again,

Welcome!

Reviewed August 7, 2016

Hotel is located near Liseberg, ca. 10 minutes by working. Room is spacious with mini kitchen and dining table for 4 prs. Car parking just next to the hotel, 145 kr per day. Goodbreakfast, this time they had fresh juice corner where guest can make their own juice, orange or grapefruit. Convenient for those who want to have option for making some food by themselves instead of dining outside. Always good to be back here. Ongoing construction of housing blocks just front of the hotell, however, did not notice any particular noise during our stay at this time. Housekeeping staffs seemed to be busy, they forgot to refill the necessities at the bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Lisa B, Reservation Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Mektagonen, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2016

Thank you for your feedback!
Hope you come back to visit us soon again!

Reviewed August 2, 2016

Stayed two nights in July the rooms is big and spotless, location are good if you want to visit Liseberg it is only about 15-20 minutes to walk there.

Breakfast was good a lot of choices, bed was good, nice and clean bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank StockholmFamily
Lisa B, Reservation Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Mektagonen, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2016

Thank you for your feedback!
I´m really happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel.
I wish you all the best and welcome back to us!

Reviewed July 26, 2016

What a fabulous hotel! Don’t be fooled by its quite unattractive outside. The inside is amazing! We were visiting friends in Gothenburg and I found this jewel based of the reviews on TripAdvisor. When we arrived I was rather shocked by the outside. It looks very much like an office building from the 1970s. The picture on Best Western’s website was obviously done by a professional and shows just a small portion of the building. However, don’t let that stop you! When you walk in to the reception area, it’s like you stepped in to another world. Very elegant and the staff was quite friendly and helpful. Our room (#519) was modern, spacious, quiet and just lovely. There is a kitchenette where you can prepare meals. It has a small cooktop, sink and utensils/cups/glasses are provided in the cabinets. There is a small refrigerator for food and drinks. The sitting area was also quite spacious. With a table and 4 chairs and a small sofa with coffee table. The bathroom was very big with a shelf for my “beauty box”. The lights dimmed in the bathroom which made those middle of the night runs less painful on the eye. The shower was quite large. The one complaint (and it’s minor) was that the hand-held shower head did not fit properly in the holder and there was not a stable place to put shampoo, etc. Towels were big, white and fluffy and there was even a towel warmer in the bathroom. Black-out curtains kept out the perpetual Swedish summer sun. The hotel is in an area with office buildings on one side and a nice residential area on the other. It seemed quite safe. I saw people out walking to get to the streetcar which was just around the corner. It’s quite convenient for going into the city. It’s located a little way out from Gothenburg’s old town and tourist area. The hotel is located IN a business building. I’m not quite sure how all that works but I think there are three connected towers. Parking was easy although they did charge extra (145 SEK per night, about $17.00). The lot is located in the building and is gated. The access entrance to the hotel (not the main entrance) was quite convenient to the parking lot. This seems to be more of a business hotel than tourist hotel, but it was a wonderful retreat at the end of a busy sightseeing day. It is air conditioned and it worked well and quietly. Our room and the hotel in general was very quiet (we were there on a weekend). Breakfast was truly amazing. It was more than anyone could ask for. They even had a station where you could squeeze your own fresh orange juice. In addition to cold cuts, cheeses, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, cooked eggs, vegetables, pastries, juices, breads, cereals, yogurt, and so much more, there was a waffle bar with berry toppings. Breakfast was a real treat! On the main entrance side of the building there is a big construction site. I believe they are building condos or apartments. We heard NO NOISE…but we were there on a weekend and our room faced the inside next to one of the towers of offices. We had a view of the offices next door, but I didn’t care, we were out of the room during the day anyway. I’d be sure to check on the noise level if you plan to stay during the week and you are a late sleeper. Additionally, right next to the hotel entrance is a WILLY:S discount grocery store where you can stock up on snacks and drinks. We bought cold cuts and bread to enjoy a light dinner both nights. Overall, I was sad when we had to leave. I wanted to stay longer and explore the city more. I think this is a perfect place to stay when visiting Gothenburg and I truly look forward to returning. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from construction.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Lisa B, Reservation Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Mektagonen, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2016

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. It was really fun to read about your stay, and very nice that you gave us a good Review!

It´s true that they are building apartments outside the hotel, it will be really nice as soon as it is ready - I hope you come back to see it! In the mean time it is not the greatest view, but there is no noise since the hotel rooms is on the other side from the constructions.

I hope you will have a good summer!
Welcome back to us,

Best regards,
Lisa
Reservation Manager

Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

A good hotel. We got a very big room. It's placement is a bit outside, but not far from Liseberg amusement park. Nice staff, clean and nice rooms. But nothing to see outside, beside parking and railway. Quite expensive, but maybe due to season and Gothia cup.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Lisa B, Reservation Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel Mektagonen, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2016

I hope you come back to visit us soon again,

Best Regrads,
Lisa Bengtsson, Reservation Manager.