“The best gravy Tom has ever had!”
Review of Smaka

Smaka
Reserve with
Smaka is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,350 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Loved this charming little restaurant with its clean design, very well done food. Tom had the Swedish meatballs and couldn't stop raving about the gravy. I mean how good can gravy get? But he absolutely loved it and sopped up every bit with bread. I had stuffed cabbage with the same gravy and it was the better choice I think because you get the same meat, gravy with the addition of the taste of the cabbage. I believe in eating the specialties of a region (hence truffles and foie gras every day in the Perigord, cider and oysters in Concale) so I ate herring practically every day. Dozens of different ways to have herring. Smaka had very good versions. I think this will be where we have our last meal in Sweden.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Enjoyed the fish au gratin. Service was good but there was a big company party in our same room, which was a bit loud and took away from the ambiance.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This restaurant has the best meatballs I have ever tasted. They do also have a wide selection of good beers. This place is definitively worth a visit!

1  Thank olovholm
Reviewed September 13, 2012

It could have been the really beautiful Indian summer's day we were having in late August 2012, but we rounded it off with an evening here after having the place recommended by our hotel. We weren't disappointed. View was great, and there wasn't any need for blankets or heaters We had seats outside along the side street, and the waitress was absolutely charming throughout. We had a herring starter with great home-made crispy bread and also the meatballs, which were delicious and served promptly (with a big smile). Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Fael
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Everyone really enjoyed their meal. Everything was fresh and seasonal and the menu was traditional. They even had something for me Ms. Veggie.