“Let the belt out!”

Dalla Nonna Trattoria
Ranked #58 of 1,250 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Happiness shared is happiness doubled. Nonna is everyone’s Italian grandmother, a visit here is a visit to her place. In her spirit and with her recipes, we create a feeling of comfort and togetherness. We serve as many meals as possible on large plates which invites you to do one of the most important things in life – share. Welcome to the family!
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Let the belt out!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I visit Gothenburg regularly on business and was happy to find this restaurant around the corner from my hotel. Busy with noisy atmosphere, which is contract from it's former incarnation as ETC Grande.
I chose the Osso Bucco, with a side order of polenta (which on reflection I probably didn't need). The meat was plentiful and excellent. My neighbour's pasta looked equally abundant and tasty. Will become a regular visitor there I believe.
Only negative was no English menus, but I followed the Italian and the waitress was happy to help.

• Visited February 2013

Gothenburg, Sweden
“"Grandmamma" would be very angry!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Attracted by the "Grandmama´s kitchen" image, we got in here. Decoration, all the sweet Italian articles around are really nice and give a real Trattoria feeling. We were given a table and the menus. It took some time for the waiter to come and ask. In the menu, the saying was "we have the offerings in the menu but on top of our offerings tell us what you want and we will be satisfying you". So I kindly asked him whether he could provide me some vegetables. He, in such a rude and direct way, said NO! I have never seen this type of behavior in a restaurant in Goteborg! Especially, you dont expect this from a Mamma-imaged Trattoria. I was so pissed of and had no appetite for anything anymore.. I just wanted their 3-crostini offering with 2 with tomato and 1 with shrimps. (i received vice-versa!). Then I asked for potato-puree, and he said they are out of it and only have fried or cake style!!! What is this??? It is Saturday and we were there around 13:30 (a very normal time). Restaurant was not full at all and they are out of such basic things! Only 1 person was serving, so it took sooo long until we get some food or could ask for coffee and bill! I had to get up and call him 1-2 times. It is true that he had more interest in crowded tables.. The nice things were ; the atmosphere, wine offerings by the glass and the taste of the food.. But due to such a rude and inefficient service that took a lot of time from our Saturday, we wont be going there again!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank bagbas
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Crowded Italian style restaurant”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

First impression was not too good.
We've made a reservation for two and arrived a few minutes to 8:00, where we were greeted and asked to wait by a very busy and slightly distressed waiter. Apx ten minutes later our "table" was done and we were seated. A worthy note is that if you are not a large company, you probably end up sitting together with other patrons. Not a bad thing in itself, as long as you don't expect a private small table for 2 or 4.
We ordered a two appetizers which were served within adequate time, but the main course we had ordered took almost 30 minutes to arrive after we had finished the entrees.
The food itself was very good, though the staff in general seemed to be very busy and understaffed. And unfortunately during the dinner, the couple sitting right next to us got into a bit of an argument with each other which made the entire visit a bit sour.
To sum up, good food and probably a nice place if your a big company and don't expect it to be a small genuine Italian trattoria.

• Visited November 2012
Malmö
“Very tasty pasta”
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

We were a group of four who all ordered different pasta dishes and all four were excellent. Big portions too. Good value for money (for Sweden)

1 Thank JC_Malmo
Montreal, Canada
“Good Italian food in Goteborg!”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I like their veal and pasta. They made a special pasta plate as a side dish for me.
A bit quiet on a Sunday but nonetheless, good service and good food. I would go back!

1 Thank egareau