“That's amore!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of That's Amore - CLOSED

That's Amore
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Oslo
“That's amore!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Went here with four friends yesterday on a short holiday in Gothenburg. Had an amazing time: the food was gorgeous, really authentic italian food. Thought it was great value for money. Tried the surprice 4-course menue which was great from start to finish accompanied with some good italian wines.
The service was increadible too: attentive, fun, polite and genuine.
Would definately recommend a visit!

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank Lise81

Oslo, Norway
“Great dining experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

I was there with 4 other friends on an easter trip. I will try to make this review short (for once)!

Positive:
- Great service! The waiter smiles and welcome us as me an my friends arrive the restaurant. I was in a bad mood before we arrived, but it was almost all forgotten as the eveningen moved along. We could tell that the waiter had a passion for food and wine.
- Great food: three of us chose the menu: «Is Rustico» - a four course meny. 1. Buffalo Mozzarella and tomato 2. Penne pasta with «creme» salmon 3. we got different main courses: - Seabass or lamb carré. 4. Pannacotta and Tiramisu. All the dishes tasted great!
- Clean and modern toilets! It was all automatic!
- Great athmosphere!
- Good value for money!

Bad:
- Nothing really – although it was a little bit outside the city senter – but we took the tram, and the restaurant was right next to the stop we got off. It wasn’t a problem for us!

I hope that despite our excessive bragging about this restaurant they will continue to provide great dining experience! If you ever go to Gothenburg, and want to eat great (italien) food and have great service – this is the place! It really made my day/trip by going there!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MY30
Oslo, Norway
“We were certainly not disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

We were on our yearly pre-Christmas shopping trip to Gothenburg, and had decided to book a table at That's Amore. Based on the reviews, our expectations were high, and we were certainly not disappointed.

From the moment we were seated, until we were out of the door, we felt most welcome. Our waiter was the owner himself, who guided us through the menu. He was both knowledgeable, attentive and friendly. For starters we had carpaccio and a mixed platter of antipasti. All delicious and fresh. The main courses were just as tasty; pizzas for the two kids and grilled lamb racks for the adults. Excellent choices. Desserts and of course the espresso coffees were lovely as well. All of the food was no-frills and home-made; just like you would expect from a local "trattoria".

Good value for money and an excellent wine list is worth mentioning.

We will return!

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank misterjbh
Tonsberg, Norway
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I decided to visit this restaurant after reading the recommendations at trip advisor.

The restaurant was small, but had a nice atmosphere. Our waiter was very helpful and friendly, and did even give us some extended information about the vines he served. We came, unfortunately, to late to try out their popular 4 course deal (costing 279,- SEK). Instead we ordered TRIS DI BRUSCHETTA, CARPACCIO DI MANZO,TORTIGLIONI RUSTICI, and GRIGLIATA MISTA. It all tasted wonderful!!!! And the meat were sooo tender!

This is definitely the best Italian meal I`ve had, after the one I ate at Jamie Olivers restaurant "Fifteen" in London.

The next time I visit Gothenburg, I will definitely visit them again!

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank Pyslepia
Stockholm, Sweden
“Probably the best Italian in this part of Sweden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

This is the second time I eat here and I am now convinced that this is a gem. In an attempt to be critical, I did not particularly like the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano 2004 I had with the main course, but the Valpolicella from 2009 with the starter and pasta was perfect and well worth the 10 bucks (65 SEK). I plan to bring a big group here next week as well. Having said that, I would not be surprised if someone expecting the creme de la creme of fine dining could find faults with this place. If so, they may very well stick to their molecular food somewhere else. This place is about excellent Italian food for a medium budget price with wine to match. Cant beat the value.

• Visited May 2011