“Probably the best Italian in this part of Sweden”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of That's Amore - CLOSED

That's Amore
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Stockholm, Sweden
“Probably the best Italian in this part of Sweden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

This is the second time I eat here and I am now convinced that this is a gem. In an attempt to be critical, I did not particularly like the Vino Nobile di Montepulciano 2004 I had with the main course, but the Valpolicella from 2009 with the starter and pasta was perfect and well worth the 10 bucks (65 SEK). I plan to bring a big group here next week as well. Having said that, I would not be surprised if someone expecting the creme de la creme of fine dining could find faults with this place. If so, they may very well stick to their molecular food somewhere else. This place is about excellent Italian food for a medium budget price with wine to match. Cant beat the value.

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank blueswedeshoes

Milano
“stunning Italian restaurant in Sweeden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2011

I'm an Italian Salesman going everywhere for work so I have a good undestanding (as several Italian guys too) of the good food. In Goteborg I have found "That's Amore", a highly qualified Italian Restaurant with a deep experience in the "real life" Italian food combinations. Their Spaghetti al Pesto were perfect !. Talking about "The Service", Francesca and Torbjorn consistently delivered the variouos single dishes and the very interesting solutions with a maximum level quality. I'm sure that going this way they will achieve a fantastic visibility in that part of Sweeden. They had the drive and energy necessary to oversee the complex Italian requests of my colleagues through to a perfect understanding of our expectations in time with a great style. Strongly recommended.

• Visited December 2010
2 Thank Giuseppe753951
göteborg
“update of previous review”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

After our earlier experience with this restaurant, which really left a big impression, we took some friends of us for a new visit to 'That's Amore'. Unfortunately this visit made us change our mind completely about this place.

I ordered a pizza with seafood and received the pizza with a mussel which was still closed. Upon opening, this mussel contained something which most resembled anaerobic mud. I returned the pizza to the waitor and received a new one, which was kind. But when confronted with the health risk of mussels that simply have gone bad, I my apetite was over. They did excuse for the pizza, and said the cook shouldn't have it served to the guests, but charged it which is wrong in such an occasion, because it makes the customer pay for bad service and bad quality. I'm afraid I started looking again for a good Italian in Gothenburg. No success yet.

1 Thank gbgitalian
Göteborg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very little food for the money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2010

We took the Il Rustico menu yesterday, a 4 courses for 270 SEK about 30 eur/pers. They said the menu was a surprise. We received a bruschetta with tomato to start with, then some good pasta but very small portions. The main course was beef, a small piece of meat (bloody) which had nothing special Italian about it except the few leaves of basilica beside.I have nothing against bloody meat but this was hard to chew. Desert really small panacotta. Atmosphere in the restaurant was nice, but due to Saturday evening the waiters were rushed. We were served by 3 different waiters but they came with correct food. I wouldn't recommend the Il Rustico menu as we got it at least.

1 Thank trrravvvelller
Sweden
“Tasteful. Good value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

A small cozy place at the end of the restaurant richest street in Gothenburg Linnegatan, close to the two parks Botaniska and Slottsskogen. Very nice interior with brickwalls and a rustic look. The Sicily born chef makes excellent dishes with very good taste. Antepasti and grilled meat can be recommended, as well as a the wine from the exstinguised winelist. In the bar there is Gothenburg's best selection of Grappa. If only the Tiramisu had had a few drops of Grappa thedessert had been perfect.

1 Thank FredrikHenry