“More recent stay - drop in service”

Landvetter Airport Hotel
Ranked #104 of 1,338 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: Swedish, Scandinavian, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stay at this hotel about 6 times a year, and I have always liked it and recommended it. This week I stayed there and the restaurant service was amazingly slow. They almost seemed to be purposely avoiding me. It took 45 minutes to bring my meal and 30 minutes for me to get a scoop of ice cream. My drink was empty and I had to flag down a server to get more (because the wait was so long). There was 4 servers for 16 tables. - that is 4 each.
Then.... when I got to my room - very late - I could not sleep due to lots of commotion in the hallway for about 2 hours. I finally went to the front desk to ask for someone to look into it and the reply was "It's a free country". I was floored. My response was "For me too", even though Sweden is really not my country, if I am paying $300 for a hotel room it had better damn well be quiet.
In the morning the shuttle van to the airport was empty and no one could find the driver. When they finally found her she acted annoyed to be doing her job.
So, three bad experiences in one 12 hour period. My support of this hotel is now dropped. I will look for other alternatives.

1  Thank Steve P

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The service in the restaurant is amongst the worst in the world. I did not get any service, not even a glass of water, 30 minutes after I was seated by a waiter. This happened at 8:20 PM, there were only 7 tables with guests at that time.

3  Thank AKTH
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great hotel.. 1 min walk to the terminal, a little pricey.. But location is king.
Food very good, rooms spacious and very clean. Free wifi which makes a nice change.

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

When Bruce Springsteen comes to Gothenburg every hotel room in the city is booked within two days of ticket release. So we ended up here and were very pleasantly surprised! Great and large room, heated bathroom floor, good breakfast and an excellent evening meal - more than excellent, the best fish soup for many years. As an added bonus they had Dugges Avenyn Ale (=Very good local microbrewary) in the bar before it was even available in the shops! Very pleasant staff.
Turned out to be a reasonable choice for concerts at Ullevi too, taking only 45 minutes from the end of the concert to fight 66000 people back to the car underneath the arena and drive home.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Good dinner with excellent service. The fresh bread was very good. The breakfast buffet in the morning had many good choices and was open early so that we could eat before checking out to catch our flight.