“Great food, excellent service!”
Review of Bistro Merlot

Bistro Merlot
Ranked #44 of 1,259 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Oslo, Norway
“Great food, excellent service!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Small and nice place. Very friendly staff, even when the restaurant was filled with customers, the waitor still was attending to our table in the corner. The food was great, with a very nice presentation. Located near the main street. Only dislike, if important to you, is that the view from the restaurant is into a boring crossing street from "avenyen".
Note: when we got there the restaurant was almost empty and they had sent home a waitor, but only a hour later the place was packed and they had to call the waitor back. Probably ok without reservation, but would not take the risk on a cold swedish night.

• Visited December 2012

Ghent, Belgium
“small but very cosy”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Been here several times during my visits to Goteborg and I have never been disappointed . Good food and drinks for a fair price. Nice to sit , only inside as the terrace is not very big . But recommendable and You should try it too.

• Visited September 2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great Evening”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was recommended this by a friend of mine who lives in Gothenberg. It was a little over priced but the food was really good and the staff were great. I would recommend this to anyone and I will be back again.

• Visited April 2012
Oslo, Norway
“Not all that”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Despite many very positive reviews on this bistro, we were not very pleased with it... It was crowded, busy and very cramped. I felt like stepping in to a couples meal when waiting in line for the toilet... The service was just average. The food was ok, but the chicken was dry and the potato mash tasted and felt like something Knorr made... The sauce was tateless.
The burger was ok, but also this was dry. Quite expansive too... And they were out of several dishes, even though we were there at 7 PM.

We vere only there for dinner, I imagine it's a good place for dinner first and then some glases of wine... But for restaurant Bistro Merlot was not all that...

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Tonesen
Malmo, Sweden
“It was good but i expected more...”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I were quite excited to eat at one of Göteborg's top 10 restaurants, and after trying the amazing Moon Thai (20th place) a few evenings ago, we really had high expectations. Food was tasty, and service was good. The merlot (house chosen) was so so... should have ordered a c.s. instead. The dessert was very tasty, the pancake being the highlight of the night, with good black coffee. The experience was quite positive overall, except at the end they forgot to give me back my credit card... was half way home before I realised, but they didnt call me immediately. I probably would go back once or twice. Would like to try to blue mussels dish. Dinner for two cost about 800sek, it was a good overall experience.

• Visited November 2012