“Not all that” 3 of 5 bubbles

Bistro Merlot
Ranked #46 of 1,227 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Oslo, Norway
“Not all that”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Despite many very positive reviews on this bistro, we were not very pleased with it... It was crowded, busy and very cramped. I felt like stepping in to a couples meal when waiting in line for the toilet... The service was just average. The food was ok, but the chicken was dry and the potato mash tasted and felt like something Knorr made... The sauce was tateless.
The burger was ok, but also this was dry. Quite expansive too... And they were out of several dishes, even though we were there at 7 PM.

We vere only there for dinner, I imagine it's a good place for dinner first and then some glases of wine... But for restaurant Bistro Merlot was not all that...

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tonesen

Malmo, Sweden
“It was good but i expected more...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I were quite excited to eat at one of Göteborg's top 10 restaurants, and after trying the amazing Moon Thai (20th place) a few evenings ago, we really had high expectations. Food was tasty, and service was good. The merlot (house chosen) was so so... should have ordered a c.s. instead. The dessert was very tasty, the pancake being the highlight of the night, with good black coffee. The experience was quite positive overall, except at the end they forgot to give me back my credit card... was half way home before I realised, but they didnt call me immediately. I probably would go back once or twice. Would like to try to blue mussels dish. Dinner for two cost about 800sek, it was a good overall experience.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank KARINnMICHAEL
“absolutely AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

well i can highly recommend this fabulous bistro! we were about 4people that just droped in and had no idea that this restaurant was soooo amazing! it was full with people when we arrived but the waitress found the table for oss:-D we ordered carpaccio and snails as a starter which was so delicious! and for the main course we had mussles, duck leg and chiken with risotto! best chiken risotto that i ever had:-))) and choklate fondant for desserts...
honestly, if you looking for a restaurant to be treated and pampered as you are kind of a celebrity, well this is it! hahah...
we will definietley come back again next time we are in gothenburg:-)

Gothenburg, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Really nice restaurant . good service. and the burger was really good. in the middle og Gothenburg. Alot of wines by the glass.

• Visited September 2012
Seattle, Washington
“More than a Bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Despite reading all the glowing reviews here on TA, the Bistro Merlot met my high expectations. I came for the duck, and discovered one of the best duck leg confits (not an easy dish to master) I have ever had. Just the right crispy skin with tender meat that was falling off the bone.

It was served on a bed of perfect potatoe mash and the accompanying sauces with a large dollop of mashed pear perfectly complemented the duck.

Looks like I'll have to return to try some of their other dishes!

1 Thank fidelityman