“Pleasent evening - but expensive”
Review of Swedish Taste - CLOSED

Swedish Taste
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We spent a very pleasant evening at the Swedish Taste Restaurant. The staff was very cordial and caring. The décor was pleasing (I even liked the restrooms design…) Yet, the food was disappointing - as it was only average quality/taste. I was not swayed with the wonderful attention to details and the magnificent presentation, the food was not creative and did not justified the high price. 6 of us paid, with one bottle of wine (cheapest on the menu - $100), around $90 pp

Although I enjoyed the dinner experience, I would not go back as its overpriced for the food’s creativity/quality.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Nice atmosphere. The quality of the food is very good. If you are in Goteborg you have to try it. Nice service.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Visited Swedish Taste with my staff and this was a disappointment.

The restaurant is nicely situated and the interior is modern, but every time I have been at this restaurant it have been too cold inside and I have had some of my guests complaining.

However, the service is top notch but the food is just average. The food just not makes the other good things about this restaurant justice. We had a set menu, maybe the a la carte is better.

1  Thank ByggareBob
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is a very good restaurant which provides an interesting combination of tastes - some new ones for us. All in all very well done, but a touch on the expensive side. Excellent, friendly service. Located across from the opera, one block west from the north end of the Nordstan shopping gallery. At night it's a little harder to find - there is an unlit sign on the face of the building.

1  Thank George B
Reviewed September 19, 2012

It is a surprise that this place foes not yet have a Michelin Star. Great locally sourced food, great service, and a design that is one of the best I have ever seen in the Nordic region as well as an ocean-front location makes this the best restaurant in Gothenburg. You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank Gudleiv