“Good Greek near Haga”
Review of Den Lilla Tavernan

Den Lilla Tavernan
Reserve with
Den Lilla Tavernan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #125 of 1,373 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lilla Tavernan är en grekisk restaurang som är belägen i Linnéområdet i Göteborg. Här serverar vi traditionella grekiska rätter som är mycket populära bland våra gäster. Vi har ett brett sortiment med prisvärda och bra grekiska viner.Vi erbjuder också catering samt take away efter önskemål. Fråga oss så hjälper vi dig att sätta ihop en passande meny till din fest.I restaurangen möts du av erfaren samt kunnig personal. Genom god service och fantastisk mat ser vi till att ditt besök blir en positiv upplevelse. Välkommna!
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I had dinner there on a Monday night. It was very near our B&B, which is also convenient to the Haga district. She had the Moussaka while I started with a Feta dish with olive oil and oregano, with the vegetarian Moussaka as a main dish. All items were quite yummy - as I'm not strictly vegetarian I tried my partner's Moussaka and found it even better than the no-meat version. It's a small but cozy restaurant, and my only negative comment is that, while our waiter was very helpful and friendly when at our table, I had to get his attention to follow up on his promise to bring some oil for our bread, and then to get the bill. I appreciate being given plenty of time to enjoy our meal, but I feel he could have been a little more proactive.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Traditional Greek food with a nice atmosphere. Staff is friendly.

The restaurant is very small and very busy in the late afternoon and evening so go a little bit earlier if you want to be guaranteed a table.

The downside to the restaurant is that it is rather crowded and you have to sit close to other tables. It should really need a bigger location. There are a couple of tables outside which can be nice even if the view is boring (a road).

To sum up:

Cosy
Genuine Greek food
Friendly staff

Crowded
No beautiful view

Reviewed January 30, 2013

After having revisited the Lilla Tavernan in december 2012 with some friends, I'm afraid I have to say it was not as good as before. The haloumi with honey was dry and didn't melt in your mouth as before, the fish was dry too and had cuts in it as if to see if it was ready and the moussaka gave the impression of just coming out of the microwave. Also, this waitress must have been new at her job or tired and did not give the warm, professional welcome we've experienced before. We got the feeling that something had changed since we last were here. Hopefully, this was just this one night of mishaps, but I can no longer with certainty recommend this restaurant for other than the decor, which is still warm and cosy. However, if you're prone to gambling, try it out anyway and hopefully they will be as good again as they used to be.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

A cosy Greek restraunt with pleasant service. Greek music and nice food. It was very busy when we were there but the service was still good.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Here is a small italian kitchen. Very good food. Good service and the pracerange is acceptable compare to what comes on the plate and service standard.