“was expecting better”

Ranked #99 of 1,325 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: Diner, Swedish, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here thrive both those who want to go to a talk-friendly food bar with a relaxed atmosphere, varied selection of food and drink, or those who want to enjoy a menu with matching wines. Great bar, several dining rooms, private rooms in the wine cellar and lovely outdoor seating makes us fit for both private and corporate guest. Our menu is Swedish-Scandinavian west coast influences and changes after the season. We are here to take care of you!
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Had a good Gravad lax but the cod was too salty as well as the sauce with it. Service was somewhat unfriendly and very slow..

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Tvåkanten enjoys a nice location and nice premises right on Göteborg's Avenue. The environment is not really romantic, but it could be very good for a business dinner. The food is well made, and the menu has the advantage (rare) of an effort towards offering typically Swedish dishes, or interpretations thereof.
Unfortunately the service is mediocre, done by amateur waitresses. The pretentiousness of the place, the reputation and the bill is in striking contrast with that. It is worth trying your luck there, but I am not sure I will go back.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I love traditional Swedish food and for lunch on the second day we decided to go to Tvåkanten on Avenyn in Gothenburg.

The restaurant is beautiful and I can imagine that it is even more so when it is dark outside. The fire was lit and there were candled on each table So all was nice and cosy.
I could not resist the cured venison to start with, served with lingonberries and celeriac. I loved the lingonberries but the taste of he celeriac I thought was a little harsh and for me, parsnip or swede would have worked better but the meat was great.

One of the maincourses was beef and one was cod, served with boiled potatoes, clarified butter, prawns and grated horseradish. The cod was perfectly cooked and horseradish is so great with white fish.

read more here: http://petra08.wordpress.com/2012/12/29/a-very-swedish-lunch/

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Friday night dinner. We had great time. Quite modern cosy design with not too visible ventilation vaults. We were seated at a round table allowing comfy communication. The service was good. The food was beautifully arranged, the real treat for the eye. I chose halstrad röding, it was good, yet a bit too salty for my taste. The cloak-room attendant's service was a nice surprise, as it is not usual in Sweden to assist ladies when they put on their coats.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

A very wellcoming place to come into from the cold street an evening in november . The interior a little rough but stilish and warm . The staff were friendly and made efforts to seat us quickly. The service continued like this, effective and with a smile. We enjoyed the meal and the good spirit. The price in the upper segment . We sure be back next time in Gøteborg.