“It's worth visiting!”

Ranked #92 of 1,350 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: Diner, Swedish, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here thrive both those who want to go to a talk-friendly food bar with a relaxed atmosphere, varied selection of food and drink, or those who want to enjoy a menu with matching wines. Great bar, several dining rooms, private rooms in the wine cellar and lovely outdoor seating makes us fit for both private and corporate guest. Our menu is Swedish-Scandinavian west coast influences and changes after the season. We are here to take care of you!
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I visited Gothenburg this October and as always I was referred to tripadvisor for a good restaurant. I had dinner last evening in Tvakanten. It was located in the Main Street, 100 m from the tram station. Inside it was a nice place but a little narrow and the tables were small and near to the others. The waitress were polite and good looking. The food was really tasteful. I ordered a codfish and it was served with a nice sauce with shrimps, potatoes and butter. I had a glass of italian white wine , it was a good one but you hadnt too much to choose. But if you would drink a lot you can choose from the many different bottles . I paid almost 500 SEK and I think it was a normal price.
You don't need to make a reservation before. If its full you can wait in the nice bar in the entrance and the drinks are very good.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

A nice place in the city centre. Really good food in the "mid-higher range". They also make really good drinks (fruity ones). A soft place inside and they also have outdoor seetings (inside glass) from where you can watch the Avenue...the guests are often 40+.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Good food that is let down by almost rude service.

At least the service was consistent, meaning the waitress and what seems to be the front of house manager was almost rude to every guest arriving for Saturday lunch.

Me and my wife was seated quickly but we saw several other couples having to wait quiet a long time to be seated, we never understood why because there was a lot of waitresses and lots of empty tables.

We went for the a la carte and not the set Saturday menu, our food did not arrive at the same time and my wife had eaten her main dish while I was still waiting for mine. I cancelled it and we left the restaurant me only having had my starter.

Still, the food we actually got was quiet good. The service is the real let down though which is a real shame, because I visited this restaurant a couple of years ago and then it was considered to be one of the best on Avenyn.

Visitors be advised!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I visited this restaurant with a colleague yesterday. We both love grilled sirloin steak and as we walked by we noticed this on the menu. We both ordered this item (medium rare) at the cost of 295 SEK per person:

"grilled sirloin steak, triple fried potatoes, tomato confit, shallots, black pepper sauce"

For 295 SEK I expect a good meal, this was just average. The meat was more medium/well than medium/rare. My colleagues beef was partly burned. 15 minutes after being served the staff asked if everything was ok. My colleague pointed mentioned the burned meat and the response was that we could get free coffee (which we denied).

I recommend that you seek out other dinner options when in Gothenburg.

Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Food is okay, not exceptionally good. The restaurant is located right on the busy street in Gothenburg and it's very pricey. We also find their seafood generally too salty (or maybe it's a Swedish thing).