“Good, reliable”
Review of Scandic Hallandia

Scandic Hallandia
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Halmstad
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We have stayed in the Scandic Hallandia 4 times when visiting family in the area. The rooms are always very clean and comfortable. We enjoy breakfast and free wifi as a part of the cost of the rooms. Always a good value for travels. Love Scandic hotels in Sweden.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ogram1

Reviewed March 30, 2012

If you have stayed at a Scandic Hotel before, you'll feel at home at once. Despite the boring building, the hotel is good enough. Clean and functional even if they seemed to have turned up the heat in the rooms a bit high. Free internet is always a plus for any hotel and a good breakfast too. Friendly staff. Great location in the middle of Halmstad centre. The hotel has 10 parking lots of their own which you can rent/use but there is also plenty of parking space around the hotel. It can be tricky to find a parking within 100 m but there is a lot of movment in the area, so one or two laps around the block will usually find you an opening. Free parking on the street between 1800-0900.

Room Tip: Try to get a room a bit up to get away from the street and to allow having the curtains pulled away...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dgjohansson
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed one night in this hotel with my 2 children and my husband and first thing you need to know, the windows are not safe at all and there are no ventilation or even a fan in the room so you will be lucky if you don't have children coz you will be able to leave the window open, but if you have children and it is a warn night , be ready for a real warm room.

Second big fat problem was in one of the rooms in the floor under us, which was full of drunk teens who brought with them a deep bass stereo system and played the music very very loud starting from 10 in the night till 4 AM,we called the reception 5 times and they said( sorry we can't force them to stop the music coz they are not doing any harm, it is just music!!!!!)
Very negative staff.
We will never go back again to that Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Amora73
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Hotel right on river and one block to shopping. Decent breakfast. Teeny room. No carpet at all. Good location but probably would not go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2011

In the city centre with very helpful staff and great breakfast. If you want a quiet room, you have to ask for it, but the staff will be happy to help you. They will also help you with tips on resturants, beaches etc. You can borrow bikes!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I stayed at the Scandic Hallandia for three nights in the middle of August; the purpose of my trip to Halmstad was to see the Roxette concert at Marknadsplatsen in Halmstad in which 20,000 people were expected at the venue. I’ve been to Halmstad a number of times over the past 12 years but have never actually stayed over; my past trips have always been just a case of passing through as day trip so this was officially my first ‘mini holiday’ in a town I have always wanted to stay in. I didn’t even look at the hotel location or details before I booked, I simply booked because of the ‘Scandic’ name having stayed in Scandic hotels before and because I was aware of how busy it was going to be this particular weekend, I just booked the first hotel that came up at a price I thought was reasonable!

I was not disappointed with my choice, the hotel is centrally located in the town of Halmstad, just a minutes’ walk from the town centre square and the wonderful little market. A little further a long starts the streets with the Halmstad shops and your above a five minute walk from the nearest supermarket called ‘Hemkop’ and the nearest McDonalds (if that’s your cup of tea!). The hotel is almost directly opposite the back of St Nikolas Church, so you do get the ringing of the bells, but the good double glazing of the windows blocks out the noise. Your also a few minutes’ walk to the ‘Nissan River’, the Central Bus Station where also the Tourist Information Centre is located, (there are a selection of bus stops along the market square a minutes’ walk away which will take to you to the likes of Tylösand Beach and other tourist spots in Halmstad). The main Central Halmstad Train Station is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

The Hotel itself I could find no fault with, it was actually rather busy the weekend I stayed, not just with fellow fans staying from the group I was seeing but there was a International Crayfish Party going on! The hotel was spotless, the staff I spoke to where courteous and helpful and when I needed additional towels for my room, they were provided for me. Breakfast is a traditional Swedish affair and there is plenty of seating, I was very impressed to find out that on a Sunday breakfast was served until 14.00 hours!

I occupied a Single Room on the 4th floor which overlooked the front of the hotel, and again I couldn’t find fault with anything in the room, the bathroom was sufficient, and I was not disturbed by noise despite being above the hotel lobby and outside the life area.

I didn't carry my laptop with me, but like other Scandic’s there is free Wireless access, however for those not carrying their own laptops, there is internet access in the hotel lobby and a printer, I found the printer a bonus because it meant I could check in online for my return flight home and print of my boarding pass, many of the hotels I have stayed in have not provided printers!

Overall a great hotel in a fantastic location for exploring Halmstad and one I will certainly stay in again! Already planning a return visit in 2011 and taking some friends who wish to visit Halmstad!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank FreedomButterfly
Reviewed June 3, 2010

We just stayed here for 2 nights on a road trip in sweden. As the reviews say - it is ugly from the outside but inside it's completely different. The hotel has a lovely feel about it and the staff are very friendly and chatty.
Our room was very nice - we had to move the 2 beds together as there doesn't seem to be standard double rooms apart from suites. The bathroom was clean and the room in general had everything you needed.
The dinner was fantastic. As we were travelling a lot we wanted something light so we ordered the tapas selection between the two of us - just perfect! The breakfast in the morning was the usual great Scandic standard and had some lovely fresh fruit available that nobody was taking!
We tried the relaxation area upstairs with the jacuzzi and sauna facilities and found that we were the only ones there. It's absolutely beautiful up there! You can sit in the jacuzzi or sauna with a view over the town. (You're high up - nobody can see in!!)
I think this hotel is absolutely beautiful, especially for the price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple