Best Western Plus Grand Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Hotel Tylosand(Halmstad)
View Hotel
All reviewstrain stationold buildingnice hotelexcellent breakfasttown centreold styleacross the riveryogurtlocated rightcold cutsone nightscrambled eggslovely roommin walkbreadtwo nightscity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you come to Halmstad by train the Hotel is right in front of the exit of Central Station.If you come by car you have a big car park opposite the hotel.2 Bus stops are right in front of the hotel.
The Staff at the reception is very helpful and friendly.Even we arrived late ( 21:40) they were still offering us diner in the restaurant which closes at 22:00.
The Queen size bed of the double room is prepared with one duvet but you will find a second one in the closet.If you prefer a room with Twin beds - no problem.
Above the bed you will find reading lamps but like nearly in all hotel or on cruise liner: it is hard to reach the button to turn them on or off if you have already lay down.You have to get up again to reach the buttons... The bathroom is in a modern design and the shower has the versions of jet of water!! Fantastic.
Breakfast: If you come into the restaurant still sleepy you will be quickly awake as you will be delighted by the offer of food.Fresh juices and smoothies, different kind of bread and rolls, fish, cold cuts, eggs, müsli etc.Best: very assorted tea selection!
The Grand Hotel has the privilege to be in a very central position.I needed to go to the central bus station and was there in 8 minutes walking distance.Bus central station is right in the center of the city, market place and shopping area.
If you have some time off take the bus to TYLÖSAND. It is a 25 Minutes ride and you will be outside from Halmstad.At the final station you will find a big convention center and hotel but right behind it you will find a beach which is endless.Wonderful for having some relaxing hours.
And in the restaurant of the hotel you will find all awards the world wide known music group ROXETTE ever achieved.The restaurant is full of it.Very special place to be.
I can really recommend this hotel as a nice city hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dodo D
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The front desk clerk was friendly and helped us with parking issues. We were allowed to park in front of the hotel for free during the night but had to pay starting at 0900 in the morning. The cost for parking was only six crowns per hour. They had a nice tray of fruit (huge pears) in the lobby which we enjoyed. The lobby was spacious and welcoming.

Like all European hotels the room was small but we were comfortable. Our room had no tub in the bathroom but there was plenty of space to spread our toiletries out at the sink. There was no AC but the evening was cool enough that we were comfortable. The internet was extremely fast and reliable.

Breakfast was great. They had fabulous granola with raisins to mix into the yogurt and all of the other items you would expect - such as scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon. cheese and lunch meats. They also had many varieties of cereal and breads to select from. They have pureed "fruit shots" in the area near the fruit and yogurt. I will certainly return to this hotel if I find myself in Halmstad again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AGoingGal
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Hotel is very Nice and quite new. Breakfast is excellent. I especially the small fruit shots was amazing. Good location.
Fitness very small, only A bike and A place to run. I Will stay There for sure next time in Halmstad.
Small tip, try the local Beer in the bar (49SEK).
We didn't Trier restaurant bit menucard looked great.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2012

i booked this hotel through travelocity and they charged my card in advance for the full fee as usual. When I got to the hotel they said that travelocity had only (probably) charged a handling fee to my card and demanded full payment, which I did. When I got to my room I checked my bank records and the full fee had been charged, also travelocity receipt said the same. I showed this to the hotel and they refused to give me a refund on their fee.... a long distance call to travelocity and 3 hours later the hotel had received a fax from travelocity saying they where to chage them and not me. This turned out to be little help as the hotel explained this is not the way things are done ( I guess europe has never dealt with travelocity before???), however they would issue me a credit but I had to understand that I would probably not get my refund to my credit card as there was "some Sweedish law that prohibited this".
Lesson learned: Don't use travelocity outside north america? Don't deal with Best Western? Book directly with the hotel? Relax, your going to get screwed by the system sooner or later anyway?...... I'm not sure

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank The_Gregorys
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Hotel is very good business hotel. You can easy make a TEA or Coffee, free water is on corridor. Breakfast is very good. Rooms are well designed, clean, and comfortable. Big toilet, big shower, very clean. Situated very close to the railway station, ample free overnight parking for drivers, Easy walk into the town centre. Pprofessional staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business