See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 24, 2019

Very nice people, they made us feel at home, provided us with gluten-free food for our daughter and gave us many useful informations., They offered a second bedroom for our daughter, and we appreciated this very much, since our reservation was for a triple bedroom. they aso rented for free bicycles for all us

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2018

This is a family-run hotel which my collegues and I discovered by chance during a 10-day business trip in Halmstad in October. We travel regularly throughout the world and have stayed at various hotels (various sizes and various "classes"). This is definitely one of our favourites.
Each hotel room has an individual theme/character and much thought has been put into the setup/decor of each room.. You can make your own coffee and tea in the breakfast room at any time of the day or night, which is something I always appreciate.
We each stayed in a studio room. The rooms are clean, spacious and the design/decor is beautiful with much attention to detail.
The service is first class and the entire team tries (and in my case did) accomodate any extra wishes. Any suggestions for improvements we had were very well-taken. The entire team is very friendly and accomodating. It was like a "home away from home".

Room tip: Studio rooms are recommended for longer stays, very spacious.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

We visited this hotel during our cycling tour and stayed here for one night. Before arriving we had a long journey on the bike. The host was very friendly and showed the room. Due to we are tall, we got a room with beds without a board at the end of the bed. In the evening we enjoyed a home made meal. Which was simple but very tasty. We had dinner and a couple of beers in the garden with beautiful sunny weather.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Not your average hotel, but a good exception to the rule that hotels should be as bland as possible. The simplest rooms are located in a former stable. Everything is clean, but most importantly the hotel is run by a family. So the staff actually gives a damn about the guests, and is very helpful in every way. One of the most pleasant and welcome stays I can remember.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Hotel Hovgard provides the best of both worlds with exceptionally clean and well maintained modern accommodations and traditional Swedish charm. This was my second stay at Hotel Hovgard. Both visits I have stayed in a studio with kitchen facilities and air conditioning that makes a visit in the warm Swedish summer comfortable. The room also had a newly added washer/dryer unit. The owners are present on-site and are very involved in making sure your stay is pleasant. Included is breakfast and an evening meal you can purchase in the charming renovated barn. Hotel Hovard is centrally located to downtown Halmstad and the beautiful costal countryside communities and beaches. I have stayed in the downtown area, which was nice, but if you would like a relaxing atmosphere with all the modern conveniences and close to everything; I highly recommend Hotel Hovgard.

Date of stay: June 2018