“Nice location, small rooms”

Grand Hotel Falkenberg
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Falkenberg
Reviewed September 2, 2013

From the outside the hotel looks impressive. A nice few over the river and an inviting restaurant. I stayed here for a business trip and to start with the good points, the people at reception were friendly and the WiFi was fast. On the downside the rooms are very small, just one bed and a small desk (no space for a double bed). The shower is as small as the room. The parking space is very limited (no problem for me, because the hotel was almost empty). We had dinner and (twice) breakfast in the hotel and these meals were not in line of what you would expect from the appearance of the hotel. I don't know what the other hotels look like, but I have seen many betters ones on my trips. It was good enough for 2 nights on a business trip, but would not recommend this place for a longer stay or a holiday.

Room Tip: Look for a room with a view of the river. Mine was facing an boring street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Pretty small rooms unless you get the most expensive ones. The bath and shower are also tiny. The hotel staff are rather robotic and not particularly helpful. The beds are very small and not the most comfortable.The saving grace is the restaurant and location. It is next to the river and located in the middle of many bars/restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I actually lived in Falkenberg 20 years ago for a couple of years. So I know and love this city. Now coming back to enjoy the Swedish 'Julebord' I stayed at this hotel. It's easy to find in the city. Staff is friendly and the rooms are very high standard. Breakfast is untill 10 in the morning and unfortunately I missed this (probably a little too late to bed the night before).
I had a room facing the rived - and what a beautiful morning with the sun shining from a clear blue sky at the snowy landscape and the river. Minus 10 degrees Celcius.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the river if you want a fantastic beautiful sight
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Nice and varm atmosphere. The view over the river is nice too. Clean and modern rooms. We brought the dog as well this time and that was no problem at all. Perfect breakfast. We always go here actually. Nice staff.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night, the town itself is very pretty and is worth a quick visit! The river which runs through the town is very fast, saw some canoeists going down it!

The room itself was very comfy, had a nice leather sofa and even some other chairs also, the beds were very comfy and room was good size! Unfortunately I was up too early to eat breakfast properly but it did look very nice & fully stocked.

Reception were helpful and allowed us to store our bags whilst we worked during the day. All in all a very good hotel and worth a stay

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Autumn in Falkenberg is quiet, crisp and healthy. Our huge room (matrimonial suite) overlooked the River Atra which flows into the North Sea a couple of Kilometres downstream. A few fishermen each day stood waste deep casting for the salmon returning up river to their spawning grounds. The hotel is eccentric in style; for instance the ironing board and iron were fixed into a wardrobe and the only way we could use them was to remove the sliding door (and replace when finished) and the mirror in the huge bathroom (complete with spa bath) had a bronze tint so dark you could not really see yourself! But the free wi fi worked, the bed was extremely comfortable and the linen as soft as a cloud. Great to be able to open windows to fresh air! Breakfast was as much as we could eat from a wide and healthy selection, and in general we could work, relax and enjoy this small town. I walked to the beach but I was 3 days too late to brave a swim. I can well imagine it being noisy in peak summer. I recommend Autumn. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Suite on second floor is good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I would imagine there aren't so many lodgings available in Falkenberg but if I went back I'd look for a different one. This is a wonderful small town in the Swedish riviera. On a Wednesday night the town was packed, with two live bands, one only a block from hotel, so unable to open windows and room was stuffy. Live music went on til 3:30 a.m., but can' fault anyone. Made the best of it.

Rooms a little shabby. Rust and mildew in shower. Fairly clean. Young reception staff were very welcoming and efficient. Dining area very shabby, dark and dated. And, what I forgive no hotel for, they treated us poorly at dinner because we were a tour group of 24. Plenty of tables outside on the river, but we were stuck in dark dining room with door to outside left open as a response to our request to be outside. Second-class service to a tour group drives me nuts. Food was delicious. Service slow. Breakfast below average.

Room Tip: Quiet, away from live bands.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falkenberg
Falkenberg Strandbad
Clarion Collection Hotel Fregatten
Good Morning Halmstad
Good Morning Halmstad
#6 of 12 in Halmstad

Been to Grand Hotel Falkenberg? Share your experiences!