We went to O'Learys together with my class from uni at a friday after-work. They served an American buffet, which is very popular. Even so I must say that I found the spare ribs and chickenwings etc. rather tasteless and there weren't much variety in the dished. The price is very good though, which I think must be the reason why it is so popular.
Must warn you if you are a vegetarian, though. One of my friends is a veg. and couldn't hardly eat anything in the buffet, maybe one of the bowls of salads would suit her, otherwise they had put cheese in the other salads. First she had difficulties ordering something else, because the serving girl said that the ordinary kitchen wasn't going to open until an hour or two later and she wasn't very keen on helping her either. After a while she got to order from another member of staff and got a very nice veg. dish, but at full price of course (very expensive it was as well, about 150 SEK) and no beer or wine were included in the price either. But at least she got a nice meal at last.
The atmosphere is otherwise very relaxed and I think it must be a great place for sportsfans since that is the theme of the pub.
To sum up:
- Very cheap after-work buffet
- Friendly atmosphere
- Food from the regular menu: Excellent!
- The buffet not suitable for vegetarians
- The buffet is rather tasteless (but ok for its price)
- Very stressed out staff during the after-work, it's hard getting their attention if you want something else than the buffet
- Doesn't open regular kitchen until some time after the after-work
- You're not able to make resevations for the buffet, which isn't good for larger groups
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.