“A true gem”

Ranked #1 of 4 Arboga B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“A true gem”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I booked this hotel in downtown Arboga on the recommendation of the company I was visiting. Glad I made the decision to stay here! Anna the owner is just great - warm, outgoing, enthusiastic about the town and what there is to see - she spend a lot time, twice, on the local map with me so I wouldn't miss anything.

Friday night I had dinner at the small French restaurant on site - the food was hot, tasty, quick and very reasonably priced - and the Chef is very personable.

I spent the weekend here as I was looking for some quiet time, instead of another 'big city'. Saturday, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the sights Anna had pointed out. Forewarned: on Sunday, they roll up the sidewalks and nothing except a pizza shop is open. So, I took the opportunity to go for a long walk out of the town and through the woods. And ate pizza when I returned :-) .

This hotel has been in the family for quite a while and is in the old-town section of Arboga (as opposed to the neighborhoods where people live). The good news is that the room that I had was much larger that I expected (I expected a typical tiny European hotel room), and was large enough to be very comfortable and easy to do some work (free internet!). Good, typical European breakfast is served - lots of different items for different tastes.

This is not a party town (but the old town's only pub is across the street :-) ) and therefore the room was wonderfully quiet and restful - no street noise (ever) and no blaring music - a great quiet weekend, which is what I was looking for.

I travel for business 2-3 weeks every month and have done so for 30 years. This hotel exceeded all my expectations and I will definitely stay there when I go back again in the fall.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arboga
Rasta Arboga
Herrfallet Camping and Holidaypark
Dinners
Dinners
#4 of 4 in Arboga

Been to Stadshotellet Arboga? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Stadshotellet Arboga

Property: Stadshotellet Arboga
Address: 39 Nygatan, Arboga 732 30, Sweden
Location: Sweden > Vastmanland County > Arboga
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Arboga
Hotel Class:3 star — Stadshotellet Arboga 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Stadshotellet Arboga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.