“All 'bout Texas...Y'all come back now, ya hear?”
Review of Texas Longhorn

Texas Longhorn
Ranked #87 of 356 Restaurants in Uppsala
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 25, 2012

From Wikipedia: “A steakhouse is a restaurant that specializes in beef steaks. Usually, these steaks are made to order and are served with sides, such as baked potatoes and rolls.” According to this definition the Texas Longhorn is definitely a steakhouse. They know how to cook their steaks to order, and their ribs are juicy. Their sides are so-so only.

Their attempt to be a truly American (“Texas”) steakhouse is less successful in my humble view. They don’t quite get it right despite a lot of bric-a-brac decoration. The service is usually ok, but we found it inconsistent over a number of visits. Prices? Well, steaks do cost their price in Sweden! So be warned.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I normally try to eat local cuisine but just wanted a good steak. I found it at the Texas Longhouse. The service was very fast and efficient. The waiter was helpful and service was fast and good; he wasn't super friendly and chatty, but I think that had more to do with the fact that I don't speak Swedish. My steak was cooked exactly as I ordered it.

Where it falls down is on the sides--a little bland. Also, I thought it was on the expensive side, but I wasn't in Uppsala for very long so don't have anything local to compare it to.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

This place tries to mimic a genuin american steakhouse, but they are nowhere near. The food is ok and the service is quite fast. But i will never go here again, the prices are too high for their food quality. If i wan't american food in Uppsala i will go to Bullitt Bar & Grill instead.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

The place was dead when we walked in but I think that it was middle of the week and not far from closing for the evening. Prices weren't cheap on the menu, but everything is a little bit more expensive in Sweden. A good steak costs money anywhere of course! I opted for the ribs and have to say it was probably the best ribs I have had in a long time. Lots of meat falling off the bone and a nice BBQ sauce. Service was ok and we went home full!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I am a fan of Texas Longhorn place in Stockholm and I was pleased to find one in Uppsala as well. The food was ok but I believe the rate is reflecting the difference with TL in Stockholm. Here nobody asked me about my choice (no"how do you want your meat, Sir?") and the service wasn't certainly not the best.
I will review TL Stockholm as well!