“We didn't even eat”

Restaurang Lingon
Ranked #49 of 332 Restaurants in Uppsala
Cuisines: European, Swedish, Scandinavian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cambrils, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We didn't even eat”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Some friends that live in Uppsala and have been at the restaurant a couple of times before wanted to take us here for dinner. Our friend booked the restaurant with the condition of not eating at the terrace. When we arrived (5ºC aprox outside) and asked about the reservation and the fact of eating inside they said our freind didn't understand well. Since the heating outside was ok and despite one of us had a terrible cold we decided to stay. At this moment our friend, that has been living in Sweden for over 10 years, heard the waitress tell her colleague that they should never again accept reservations of people like us. We realised that this restaurant just wants people that accepts it's conditions. In case you don't you won't be welcome at this place. If you like being treated like an idiot you can visit Lingon.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Unai B

Umea, Sweden
“Really bad customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I had been 2 times before at Lingon and I liked the food and service. Now I had 8 visitors and I wanted to show them a restaurant with typical Swedish food in a cosy wooden house. Note that they have a service outdoors and indoors (wooden house).
I decided to book a table at Lingon indoors so I sent an e-mail but I never got an answer –not a good start. I phoned some days after to book on a Wednesday and they told me that they might open if the weather allowed it, only outdoors. Then I booked for Saturday indoors (I asked 2 times to the person to confirm because we wanted to be inside) and he tells me it was ok.
On Saturday we arrive and we find a board outside indicating that it was closed inside. I let them know my reservation was indoors and they tell me "No! too bad. Today it's good weather" with some condescending attitude like all was my mistake –good weather means sitting outside at 8 degrees with blankets and heaters. I tell the waitress the whole point was to eat inside in the wooden house. I had no apologise from the waitress. They ask me if I want to speak with the guy on the phone but I don't see how going on further with a conflict based on word agaisnt word is going to help then. They had never called me to let me know they were not having service outside. We told them one of my friends was having a pretty big cold and feeling a bit sick but nothing came out of it.
Even I am already unsatisfied we decide to sit outside. Then I get to hear a waiter complaining to a co-worker about our nationality and that was it!! I address her and I ask what was all that about and whether we were welcome there or not. She turned totally red and tried some clumsy apologise while the others kept silent. We left the place inmediately. To cut a long story short: the service is not good anymore.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank C M
“Good introduction to Swedish cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was my first time visit to Sweden. One of my colleagues suggested me to try the food here for some good Swedish food. Staff is friendly. I had the Swedish meatballs with the recommended admirals ale. Very good, home pickled cucumbers and lingonberries complemented the creamy (it was extremely tasty and rich) brown sauce and juicy meatballs. One downside I found was that the tables are too close together.

• Visited March 2014
“Nice dinner with traditional food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Four of us went to Lingon for dinner on the advice of the concierge at our hotel. The restaurant has a very nice atmosphere, and we had excellent service. I had a carpaccio appetizer (which was first rate) and Biff Rydberg for the main course. The beef dish was tasty but it was not very warm by the time it got to our table. My companions all had the meatballs, which I tasted--very good.
The portions were good--neither skimpy or overly generous. The cost was a bit on the pricey side (my meal cost 305 SEK=$47 US dollars, and that is without the price of the wine we had).

• Visited February 2014
Uppsala, Sweden
“Not really a place for lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Took a group of eight here but perhaps a dinner review would be fairer for the place as the lunch menu is a bit sad to be honest. Three choices salmon, bacon and beef patty all with potatoes and a big bowl of salad to serve yourself from. Not really what I was expecting considering the reviews and comments from the guys at my work place.
The salad bar just looked empty with that one big bowl in the middle of it, two drink dispensing machines one with water and the other a red cordial type item.The food was good for what it was and the pricing fine. Lunch in Uppsala especially with a group can be found better but I need to come back for dinner to really give this a fair review.

• Visited November 2013