“Meatballs were the choice”
Review of Restaurang Lingon

Restaurang Lingon
Ranked #60 of 351 Restaurants in Uppsala
Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I went there twice during my 2.5 weeks stay in Uppsala. The meatballs were very nice taken with the Lingnon berries and met our expectations. However, the second time I went and I took the trout which I found was very salty just like many other places I ate in Uppsala. I just wonder why the Swedes take so much salt???

1  Thank travelover01

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have mixed feelings about Lignon. It is known to be a good restaurant with Swedish cuisine where it is hard to get a table for dinner unless you have a reservation. I had high expectations when we went there for lunch today. The location is good and lunch is served in a garden. We had to wait in line for 10 minutes which was perfectly fine with us and were informed that food would be served in 25 minutes. No problem with that ether. However, my meat turned out to be almost cold and drying. I expected it to be fresh and warm after 25 minutes waiting. My husband's fish was good though. No consistency here. I didn't like the service. I felt like in a grocery store paying for groceries. Servers were running around, getting ready for a group of touirists (40 people at once). I understand that this group makes business but so do I while paying 97 crones for lunch (more expensive than average price for lunch in Uppsala). The server threw a receipt at me and ran away to help someone else. I wasn't asked about my experience, there was no standard Thank you! Good bye! either. It made me question this place. Is it really so good? Shall I just eat my food, pay and leave? If so, I would have gone to University canteen, not a well-known restaurant.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I visited Uppsala to see family and they took me to Lingon for lunch the first day I was there. The Lingon is casual with a friendly staff and very nice outdoor eating area (luckily it was nice weather). It is evidently a favorite of family and I would definitely suggest it. Easy to find and a nice menu. They serve a set menu at lunch, it seemed, and we each got something different. My salmon was very good, and the beef dish my daughter ordered was good too. All fresh, and of course comes with the salad bar and choice of beverages. Very nice!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was there with a business group in two nights and I definitely recommend to visit it. Their modern nordic kitchen is absolutely fabulous and service is superb ! :-)
It was all pleasure :-) . . .and of course their desserts - these are unforgettable :-)

1  Thank Adam T
Reviewed February 25, 2013

100 mtrs. from Hotel Linné. You ca eat outside or inside, and
the kitchen is wide open so you can see the cook making food.
You must taste the Meatballs! They are Swedish and very good!

1  Thank Vikenboet