Restaurang Lingon
Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a group dinner. The starter was reindeer with a strange sweet sauce. The main dish was marvelous, very good fish with the best Scandinavian potato I have ever tasted. The dessert was average.

We all sat outdoor, even with their heating it was still very cold, even with the blankets offered by the restaurant.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

It was recommended to me by multiples sources so I decided to have lunch there during my stay in Uppsala and I can easily say it was my best meal there. Nice location, friendly staff, small but tasty salad bar, authentic Swedish dishes and fresh fiah. You can't go wrong there. For dinner, and depending on what you order, it can be on the expensive side.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

No indoor tables in the summer. Recommended as top class by our hotel. It's just across from the Linne garden and it's pretty and the staff are friendly, but they are not terribly efficient. You can check the menu on there site, it's fairly limited. I ate prawns for my starter, two dips, two pieces of bread, a dish of prawns to peel and dip, it's not cooking, so you cannot judge other than on the freshness and flavour of the prawn, and they were good. £12 cereal sized bowl. £28 for the cod, which was cooked, but it was barely warm when it reached me, it exceeded the temperature of my husbands pheasant salad by only a fraction. It was our last night in Sweden and I was not going to put a damper on the occasion, by sending it back, we all do it don't we? For the good of all future customers we should draw the attention of the staff when things are not right, and believe me I do fairly often, but it can make you a supper spoiler, so I choose my battles carefully. The cod was beautiful, generous, and dressed with a smokey bacon crumb, it came with a puck of dry potato cake and a shrimp cream sauce. Slightly too sweep fennel marmalade dressed the plate. My husbands pheasant was tender, and nicely gamey. I had a lovely evening, even under my disapproved of heaters with my tepid fish - that is not a euphemism for my lifelong partner. But if you want to have a good time and pay less, go to the tango dancing dinner in the Linne Garden opposite. Oxford waxlyrical

Reviewed July 9, 2012

There seems to be something wrong with the work flow for the staff in the restaurant. Service was often slow, there was little flexibility among the staff. We waited. We were forgotten. We asked for new drinks. We waited again. Perhaps we were unlucky, or maybe I'm just being envious but I think some tables got very good and attentive service.
Anyways, the food. The food! It was so good, and definetly worth the money unless you are a cheapskate. My compliments to the kitchen! I'll go there again but bring some other company, someone who never fails in drawing the attention of the staff. So I can get some of that good good food.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Very lucky to get in without a booking on a Thursday evening.
The atmosphere was great, there was real buzz about the place even though it was outdoors.
I had the meatballs which were very enjoyable, fab sauce and plenty of lingonberries.
My partner had the Vegetarian Dumplings which looked and tasted great.
Decided to have a dessert and went for the pear cobbler with honey ice cream, which was very nice, the ice cream was sensational.
Was getting a bit chilly at one point but was very pleasant after the gas burners got fired up.
We really enjoyed the great food and atmosphere, good value for Sweden.