“we enjoy the hotel and the city. the hotel in a good location . no bath in the room, but good breakfast.”

Park Inn by Radisson Uppsala
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Uppsala
Uppsala
Reviewed September 30, 2012

uppsala is not a big city, easy to walk and no need to buy bus ticket .dont miss the museun in gamla stan.
from uppsala worth to visit in sigtuna. but if you travel with luggege, better to go via arlanda airport .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here for one night, to round off a city-visit to Stockholm by also visiting the attractive university town of Uppsala. I obtained a very compeitive room-rate through booking.com, and although travelling alone I was given a large double room in business class. The smallish hotel is very conveniently located close to the railway and bus stations, and about 10 mins. walk from the historical centre of the old town. Reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and my room was spacious, comfortable, clean and well-equipped; it was nice to have a bath as well as a shower. Breakfast included a generous range of options, and was included in the room-rate. I have no complaints whatsoever, and would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling on a budget.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Halifax
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a night on our way further north. Our flight was badly delayed, so we called the hotel to let them know we'd arrive around five in the morning. They said "not a problem" and when we arrived, the receptionist greeted us by name and had everything ready. They also let us stay a few hours past checkout time because of the late arrival.

The room was clean and very comfortable. We had a really good night's sleep and when we woke up around noon, we didn't do much more than take a shower and get on our way.

The hotel was good value, the location excellent and the staff very helpful. I'll probably try to book this hotel again next time we're in Uppsala.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed July 15, 2012

A hotel with everything just working. Location is on the silent east side of the rails. Just 3 min from the station but with no noise from the trains. Everything is in walking distance.

Many reviewers have commented on the breakfast and apparently someone started listening. In July the kitchen is closed for remodeling, so they upgraded us to the great breakfast at Radisson Blu next door. If breakfast is important then measure this hotel by reviews given when the new kitchen opens in August 2012. Step-free access is available through the court, but really... there are 2 small steps at the main entry and a calling point if you need help.

Service is 5-star. They even called the hotel next door, when I asked about details on the breakfast, and did so with a big smile. Thanks!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Newfoundland
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I think that 'good enough' pretty much sums up my impression of this hotel. It is extremely close to the train station and a mere 5-10 minute walk from the city centre. The breakfast is okay -- not the best I've had at a Swedish hotel but 'good enough'. Generally the rooms are somewhat worn and stuffy but certainly very clean. The room I was first given had a small working fridge and a safe that didn't work. I had quite a number of things I wanted to secure (cameras, passport, laptop, wallets etc. etc.) I was told that the hotel was undergoing renovations and management had decided not to fix things that weren't working in rooms that had not yet been renovated so I asked for a room with a functioning safe.. The second room had a safe that might have worked but no fridge. When I asked for a room with a fridge and a (working) safe I was given a business one. The bathroom was larger (both a tub and shower) but the actual sleeping area was smaller than either of the others I'd been offered. The receptionist also told me that regular rooms do not have working fridges and that the one in my first room should not have been plugged in. (I didn't ask why they would provide fridges if they weren't supposed to work). Anyway, after one day in the 'business' room the safe stopped working. The receptionist who opened it for me told me that they'd had several problems with the safes and were trying to figure out what to do with them. I thought the answer was pretty obvious. The management seems to feel that advertising and providing safes is 'good enough' and that they don't necessarily have to work. All in all, there was a level of complacency from management and the reception desk that I found somewhat disturbing/annoying. Then again, for a short stay the hotel is certainly good enough and I guess that if I return to Uppsala I might consider staying there again.

Room Tip: My experience is that rooms are pretty much hit and miss. I don't think the business rooms are w...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
siem riep
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This new hotel has well-planned clean rooms, and a fairly good breakfast buffet. It is well-located for the train station, and we could walk to the cathedral and many restaurants. In the two nights we stayed there at the end of May the room was hot and stuffy and there was no air conditioning. "Regular" rooms have no tea/coffee-making facilities. The shower was only partly enclosed. The front entrance did not have a ramp so that I could roll my own suitcase up the 4 or 5 steps, instead of having my husband carry it. I would say the room was suitable for only one person.

Room Tip: I would not stay here.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Ok a few problems lets get them over with, no kettle in the room ( apparently only business people get kettles) my husband was on business and we were on a business rate but because we had our son with us we obviously didn't fit into business so we had no kettle, problematic when autistic 11 year old wants a hot water bottle. However hail the evening receptionist he found us a kettle yeeeeeeey. He was a star. Then food, well it was great, breakfast was lovely, plentiful and we had lunch which was really good but not replenished so if you like choice get there early. Breakfast finished a bit early at 9am. It didn't bother us as much as those who staggered down at 9am on the night following the conference dinner to find everything cleared away. It could do with finishing at 9:30 or even 10am.
BUT room was fine, clean and warm, the beds were really comfortable, the underfloor heating in shower was great, the receptionists happy to direct us to different places in and around the town. We parked in the car park for free for our entire stay. The Hotel was excellently placed for town, station and conference centre. Receptionists were lovely, would stay again without a second thought and would go back to Uppsala again very happily.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business