“Comfortable bed vs. dirty bathroom”
Review of First Hotel Linne

and 1 more site!
First Hotel Linne
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Uppsala
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at the First Hotel Linne for only one night and I should say that I wouldn't have fancied a longer stay. The main reason for that was my unpleasant experience with the bathroom. It had some hair on the floor and even stuck to the wall - which felt so incredibly filthy! Moreover, the large towel supposedly was dried hanging on something extremely dirty (dusty?) that left a wide grey mark on the towel along the line it was folded. I discovered all that after midnight - and given the fact that I had to walk approx. 200m of corridor just to reach the elevator that would bring me down to the reception, I did not go to complain about this. Also, I was lucky to have a towel of my own in my luggage. So, this experience was extremely disappointing. The cleaning standard was much better for the room: bedlinen was fresh and lily-white. For the rest, it was a modest, but a rather comfortable room. Breakfast was quite nice. If I go to Uppsala again and have to stay at the hotel, I will check for other options.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 26, 2011

We booked a " superior double room" and got a student dormitory-like one instead. We reacted strongly and they tried to convince us that this was indeed what a superior room should be like. After insistence on our side we eventually were transferred to a room closer to what one could expect for the corresponding price. Very strange, considering Swedish standards. Breakfast and room service quite disappointing......

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank archimidis
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Great location, very helpful staff, lovely bar and eating area - really, the quirky deco and location are great. The lomg corridor of rooms and promise of view of the botanic gardens were a bit of a shame. But clean and tidy. Not 100% scandinavian chic, but actually very nice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Pro's: location convenient to old part of town
Radiant heating in bathroom floors
Modern sinks
Breakfast buffet with eggs and full Swedish
Beds with pillow top
Helpful staff
CON'S: no parking (lucky if get one of 6 on street spots)
College dorm rooms complete with 60's furniture including study desk
No bedside tables
Hallways that are "blocks long", institutional
Bath tub draIn thoroughly wet floor
All this for over $200/ night

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2011

There seems to be a big difference in the size and quality of the rooms. I had a superior double room and it was quite big with a seating area, a fridge (not minibar), a bathtub...
Breakfast was also quite nice, with different kinds of eggs, bacon etc

Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Website shows beautiful and modern interiors, was quite looking forward to the place... Realities are tragically different- closet-sized rooms, grim at best, all a bit shabby. The Hotel Uppsala is no gem, but comparatively better value.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank f200918
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I was dissaponted. Pictures showed newly renovated rooms. I got a room with furniture fron 1980th or earlier. The voucher said bath and I got a shower in a very small bathroom. Using the shower made the floor al wet.
The TV-set was very old and the picture bad. They claimed that there was a bolier in the rooms and tea and coffe. In my room there were only a glas and that glas really needed to be washed.
They claimed to have a gym. There were a bike, a crosstrainer and a bench. Shabby.
There was a smell in the corridor.
I'm glad I didn't pay. I hope it wasn't to expensive. It is worth less than 50 EURO a night for a single room. I think they have better rooms newly renovated that are worth more.
Brakfast was OK