“Best in town”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Uppsala
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed two days at this very nice hotel just in the center of Uppsala (The fourth biggest town
in Sweden) with access to all that is worth seeing.
Very, very nice big breakfast (American Buffé)
Plenty of fine restaurants, most of them down by the River Fyrisån.
Very near the big Dome, Scandinavias highest building.
This hotel and town is worth a visit, we payed only 150 euros for two persons, two nights
incl. breakfast, that´s nice.

Room Tip: All is good, no traffic noice, best in summertime (may-august)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
TeresePe, Operations Manager at Clarion Hotel Gillet, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us at Clarion Hotel Gillet. I really do appreciate that you took the time to evaluate us.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

we stayed a couple of nights and though they had mention the restauration on the Swedish webside they did not mention it on the English web side. At the reception area there was small tables with dead flowers in, I told the personal, yes we know the answer was but the guy in the reception did not do anything about it. Strange? Very, small tiny rooms for a single person,

Will not stay there again or recommend it though the location was good.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 15, 2012

This hotel is in a great location in Uppsala, it's only a very short walk from the train station. The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming.

I had a single room, it was a little cramped but the bed was comfortable. The duvet was smaller than the bed and quite thin.

My room wasn't 100% clean, the desk hadn't been cleaned properly and was dusty, also there was a used glass behind the curtain.

The bathroom could have used some toiletries, you could get them but had to ask at reception.

Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Like I said above, nice staff, the hotel is very central.
Parking COULD be a little cheaper, and the wi-fi could have more "up-", than "down-time"... =)

VERY good breakfast buffet, and the bar is very cozy in the evenings..

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mikael J

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Stayed for a few days and really enjoyed the hotel. I found the staff really friendly and the location excellent. I would feel very comfortable recommending this hotel to anyone travelling to Uppsala.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 7, 2012

I stayed two weeks in The Clarion Gillet Hotel in the summer of 2011. During that period they usually have a great deal with 50% of discounts. The hotel is nicely renovated, but nothing special. The rooms are quiet standard with basic bathrooms. The airo works ok - but is set behind the curtains, which doesn't help at night. Also there are some rooms located in an alley where there are pubs and people sitting (very) late at night (the sun doesn't go down until midnight - drinking, smoking and laughing) so that can give some noise. Staff is very friendly and overall service is great. Breakfast (included) is super - everything you want, fresh and plenty of it.
If you are visiting Uppsala and want to see all the attractions, close to restaurants and shopping: this is the place.

Room Tip: the rooms at the klostergatan can be noisy of the cafes and restaurants
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed October 1, 2011

I had a great experience staying at Hotel Gillet. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. I got to know some of the front desk staff by name. The hotel is undergoing some renovations right now, but the repairs are not very intrusive. It has a very small pool, sauna and exercise room--all clean and usable. Half of the time I was the only one using it. The hotel is located in the center of the city. I was there during Uppsala's Culture Night (September 10, 2011), and it was very noisy, which is to be expected. I had a single room. It was well-maintained, clean. The cleaning staff was efficient and always had my room ready by the time I returned in the evening. The included breakfast offers a choice of traditional Swedish breakfast items and organic choices. It suffices to say I had a good morning meal before leaving for my training. I did not try the restaurant, so I have no opinion about it. In summary, I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business