All reviews great location right on the water a lake view room nice view boats relaxation wifi guests
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2018

The Hotel Torpa Pensionat has a great location right on the Water and only 200mts from a popular Beach and excellent Restaurant. The building is a classic Swedish design, and that theme continues inside, in fact it felt like you were entering a Stately Home, only now the Rooms are for your use. The Dining room again is very stylish, with one of the largest Mirrors I have seen, set with candelabra’s, lovely environment for Breakfast, as you would expect the Breakfast had a large choice, and after you can take your Coffee and sit on the covered deck and watch the Boats go by.
We had requested a Lake view Room, unfortunately they were booked, however the Hotel upgraded us to a self-catering Room with Kitchen and small Patio with Lake views at no extra cost. The Room, like the rest of the Hotel was a trip back in time making the stay feel very special.
As with it seems most Swedish Hotels, Cash is not accepted.

Room tip: Room 25 has Kitchen and Patio with Lake views.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Clive_and_Anne_10
Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

Very nice place with a grass beach, wide terrace and typical local building.
But my room was really narrow and with no space but for the bed!!
Unfortunately experienced ended with a cold shower! (I have been waiting for hot water 10 minutes...no hot water!)

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Maxinox
Reviewed April 20, 2017 via mobile

We booked the place for our wedding night and for the groom the night before. We ended up taking all the pictures there since the place was so beautiful and the staff was really good. I would like to come back in summer so that we can use the garden even more.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Per A
Reviewed April 10, 2017

My wife couldn't hold the exclamation back: "How Nice!" - and she repeated that several times during our stay. I had stayed at Torpa the week before and was eager to let her see for herself.

Torpa is an old summer Residence, probably built by one of the many sucessful 19th century businessmen or budding industrialists in the Stockholm area. It has been carefully restored to (or kept in) great shape and there is a multitude of little interesting details to explore.

Full service was not available during our stays, but there is a good restaurant within walking (also for elderly people) distance. Breakfast not overly plentiful but high-noth and very good.

You live close to nature here. The terrain is hilly and slopes towards a yacht harbour. There is a wonderful terrace where summer evenings must be absolutely fantastic and parking is free.

If you want to meet and chat with other guests, which is not a bad idea at all, then there are plenty of little sitting groups and, last but not least, a very talkative and entertaining young man at the reception.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Skogsgurra
Reviewed December 4, 2016 via mobile

Nice Place, clean and old Style room, a very typical scandinavian house. I stay in December and even if outside It was not cold my room unfortunately It was not warm. Maybe could be Just a mistake ...But It was not a Good impression such as I expected. No restaurant inside but you could find a good one by 5 minutes walk. I could book again as well next time .

Date of stay: December 2016