“Amazing Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Nykoping
London
“Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Loved my visit.. it was for Buisness but would absolutly come back for holiday aswell! the restaurant served buffet included in my roomprice and service was fantastic.Front desk was very proffesional and helpfull.

Room Tip: Privilidge room is fantastic
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
NorseHotels, Hotelldirektör at Good Morning+ Nykoping, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Matthew

Many thanks for your generous comments on our Hotel. We look forward to your next visit to the Mercure Hotel in Nyköping

Regards
Mark A Carberry

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Melbourne,Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as we had a flight the next morning from Skavsta airport and thought it would be easier than getting up early and travelling from Stockholm, we couldn't have been more wrong.
The hotel used to be an Ibis and is trying to update itself to a Mercure. It's not a Mercure, it's definitely an Ibis. The rooms are small, the bathrooms are tiny with no space to put a toothbrush etc, you could hardly open the shower door to get in and out. The website advertised double room - not twin room - but we found when we checked in they only have twin rooms with two single beds not double beds.
The staff were totally unhelpful - everything was too much trouble. I'm sorry I thought the reception staff were there to help guests!!
There was no free wifi and the one pc they had for guests to use in reception was ridicously slow, so much so that the 20 mins free code they gave us expired before we could finalise our check in. The printer was out of toner and the receptionist informed us they couldn't do anything about it because noone knew how to change it.
For anyone wanting to travel to Skavsta, take the train from Stockholm to Nykoping and then the 515 bus runs once per hour from outside the train station.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
NorseHotels, General Manager at Good Morning+ Nykoping, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Sir
I sincerely regret that our new product did not meet with your expectations. We are still in a renovation phase but this is no excuse for slow service. I have briefed my staff on your comments so this situation does not arise again.
I hope the next time you plan a visit to Nyköping you will contact me nd we will do our utmost to see at your next stay is a visit you will remember
Once again thank you for your valuable comments
kindest Regards
Ehnen, Luxembourg
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The renovation of this hotel from Ibis to Mercure is still ongoing: Ibis doors, room numbers etc. The bathroom misses table space to lay down your shawer or make-up when waking up.
The personal is very friendly, no problem.
Sorry to say but this building do not stand up for Mercure brand, relatively small rooms, narrow corridors. If a customer visits first time this as Mercure I am not sure he will select Mercure again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Syote
NorseHotels, General Manager at Good Morning+ Nykoping, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Sir
Many thank for your comments. As you observed renovation is still on going but will be completed fully in late August, this includes all doors locks a new gym , restaurant &bar.

Look forward to seeing here again on your next visit.
kindest Regards
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Booked here because it a) looked like good VFM an b) offers large beds, not just singles. I'm travelling alone, I'm not small and I hate trying to sleep perched on a single bed. I booked through the Accor/Mercure website.
Received a very friendly, pre-welcome email acknowledging my late arrival (I was due after 02:00) but telling me they only have twin rooms. Not happy. Not as advertised.
It was pre-paid (and the email came about an hour before I left home) so I came anyway. it's very, very good value - if you are OK with small, single beds.
Room is well decorated in a rather masculine, stark way (apart from the door, which is a mess), good shower, spotlessly clean - everything you would expect in Sweden. Breakfast was much the same - plain, simple but more than acceptable.
I won't be back because a) I don't like small beds and b) I won't accept dishonest advertising.
Location, by the way, is very handy for the E4 motorway and there's free parking but this is right on the outer edges of town. Options outside the hotel are MacD, Max (a Swedish burger chain) or the excellent Willy's supermarket further down the road.
Unlike other reviews, I am finding the wifi is OK.

Room Tip: They all have twin beds...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
NorseHotels, General Manager at Good Morning+ Nykoping, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Sir
Thank you for your comments. I regret all inconvienience caused. As you probably observed the hotel is under going major renovation in all rooms and other areas.

I hope to see you soon again at the Mercure Hotel in Nyköping

Yours Sincerely
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed February 24, 2013

You could feel the warm and welcming atmosphere in the hotel from the very beginning of entering the hotel. The lights from candles were in front of the hotel and there were also tealights in all tables inside the hotel's lobby. It is common in Sofitel but I have never seen it in Ibis. The staf was perfect. We were travelling as a family and we were given rooms closeby. The receptionist adviced about the most important places to see in Nykoping, ordered a taxi to the airport, offered free tea and coffee in the lobby. The hot beverages were available 24 hours and it was really great. I do not know if this is only during the winter time but the idea is great. They offered us also to use a sauna.

The breakfast was great and it was served from 4 am. It was very good idea for the hotel not far from the airport. The location was around 15 minutes walking to the centre of Nykoping. The supermarket was few minutes from the hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms were the same as in most Ibis hotels. The only difference is that you have no shower basin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Many Thanks for your comments on tripadvisor. I greatly appreciate your time and effort. All my staff have been informed and we luck forward to seeing again at the Mercure Hotel in Nyköping

Yours Sincerely
Mark A. Carberry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nykoping
Clarion Collection Hotel Kompaniet
#6 of 6 in Nykoping
Stjarnholms Slott
Stjarnholms Slott
#1 of 2 in Oxelosund

Been to Good Morning+ Nykoping? Share your experiences!