Destinia.com
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
Lol.travel
All reviews wellness centre community table digital detox detox package daily activities meditation program holistic body retreat fitness spiritual bliss sanctuary cave resort soul
Selected filters
Reviewed August 20, 2018

Great location on a hillside, with most common spaces open to allow flow of breeze, the weather clearly nice in early aug and the treatments well worth it. Broad range of classes ranging from Pilates, yoga, qi gong in addition to Thai Ayurvedic or Chinese medicine treatments to rejuvenate you. The food is fresh, healthy and the service attentive across the resort. An island of calm to refresh your senses ...

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 7, 2018

I stayed at Kamalaya for one week 1st-8th June. It was the best holiday of my life! Not only is it a wellness destination, but it's an experience of a life time- which they have got perfect! 10/10!!!

From pick up at the airport you are greeted by a warm and friendly driver. While in the car everything is set to get you into the right frame of what's to come on your stay. Spa music, cold towel, bottled water and a warm and friendly welcome.

The resort is just beautiful, well taken care of and spacious. Be aware of the hills- they are a killer to walk up. But don't worry because you can ask them to pick and drop you off in a golf buggy.

The spa is massive and offers many different services. My favorite was the facials and Indian Head Massage. All the therapists and receptionists were awesome and so calm, when everyone kept wanting to change their appointment timings on a daily basis to attend seminars etc. If a colonic is something you want to try, I highly recommend you try it here. The nurses are so lovely, make you feel at ease and you will end up laughing though the experience. Also I highly recommend having a personal mentoring session while there, it was just fantastic and everyone speaks highly about them.

The rooms are amazing, and well maintained. The housekeeping staff are so lovely, friendly and accommodating.

Being a single traveler, I was concerned I would feel lonely. Well I didn't feel lonely once. I joined the community table for breakfast and dinner everyday. Most days we would end up staying at the dinner table for about 3-4 hours, laughing over pots of tea. You meet people from all walks of life, even if you are as a couple or with friends- I highly recommend you join the community table for dinner.

I stayed for 7 nights on the Relax and Renew package which included lots of different spa treatments. There is so many activities going on, I did feel quite rushed at times. Personally if I went back again I would book the room and all inclusive for food, then pick and choose treatments once I am there depending on what I needed etc. However it depends what your goal is, mine was to relax. Love the swimming pools and the gym. I felt 7 days was too short, I would love to go back next time for 9 days of longer.

Majority of the people you meet there, have been many times. It creates a special place in everyone's hearts and you just leave, wanting to rebook straight away.

Reception team were all very helpful and friendly. They even helped me book an excursion to the Elephant sanctuary.

Tip- Please be aware of the massive issue with mosquitos, the resort offers creams/sprays etc to use and they are regularly spraying the rooms and they do all they can to try to control. I was eaten alive. Make sure you go well prepared with pills, creams and any other good advise you can find online. I was bitten alive, as were many other people.

So the best for last- the Food!! Going to a wellness retreat, I was a bit nervous I would go hungry/ struggle to find stuff I liked. Well the menu is huge and there is so many options, even for those on a detox package. The desserts are just amazing. Loved the big breakfast set up. All the F&B team were friendly and attentive.

Thank you to everyone at Kamalaya for making my trip, a trip of a lifetime. I will never forget my one week experience there and I cannot wait until I can rebook.

Date of stay: June 2018
7  Thank d_daisy
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Second visit for me. This is a very particular place with a particular vibe. So you have to go for a reason - I do detox, others do yoga others relaxation there are many different programmes. The spa and wellness area are the keys to the success of the resort. The spa and treatment areas are located up a steep hillside the rooms are all wood and many have views out to the sea orviver dense undergrowth. The spa staff are numerous and all trained brilliantly and in many cases have long histories with Kamalaya.
Accommodation is scattered around the hillsides - I always take a sea view villa which is huge has a large seating area and a balcony bathroom is outside - which can be a disadvantage as mosquitoes come in.
Food is very inventive - and even in the De-tox programme interesting and satisfying.
I have booked again for later this year.
So in summary don’t go to Kamalaya expecting a typical luxury beach resort - the beach isn’t actually that good and the sea is really shallow for about 100m from shore. There is a buggy service to get you up and down the steep hill - but I don’t see many people using it so be prepared for getting your cardio workout getting around. Do go to Kamalaya if you want a full on spa experience and I would suggest following one of the programmes - I think the place is brilliant.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
5  Thank Rogellio
Reviewed July 27, 2018

Words cannot describe the utter bliss of Kamalaya wellness sanctuary. One feels transported to another realm. Tropical gardens, waterfalls trickling, soft lighting, digital/device free space. Everything is so beautifully designed and integrated into the natural surrounds. No plastic in sight. Food is quite outstanding. Such a huge selection and so healthy too. Service of all the staff is impeccable - including the spa therapists, reception, beach, room and pool attendants. Everyone is friendly, kind caring and helpful. Beautiful pools set amidst natural ponds with fish and water plants. It's almost like a dream when you are there. One has the choice of different exercises from pilates to power walks along the beach. Interesting talks too. What an absolutely marvellous place. Such a privilege to have stayed there. Thank you, Kamalaya.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank CapeTownKittykat
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

We stay at Camellia in July 2018. This is a secluded hotel in absolutely an amazing part of Koh Samui relaxed and pure.

The resort offers many different options from detox to yoga and anything in between such as my favourite simple massage My husband and I really enjoy the resort and appreciate the amazing food kind stuff.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank _shellygessler