“Utter Biss!”
Review of Kamalaya Koh Samui

Kamalaya Koh Samui
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Laem Set
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Kamalya was a fantastic escape albeit one that took rather a long time to get there!
A 10 hours flight ( we couldn't land due to rain) 3 hour stop over then 1 hour flight to Koi Samui then 45 minute car trip to Kamalya. But Kamalya made sure the start of my stay was wonderful with a gorgeous meal waiting for me.
Resort bulit on side of hill so lots of stairs and steep hills (not good for people sore knees like me). There were buggies which I ended using but all the treatment rooms are on the hill and its about 5 -6 flights of stairs up the hill.
The staff were amazing; so friendly and couldn't do enough for you . Treatment great particularly the Ayuvedic Indian treatments. Health assessment through and Natropath Sylvia lovely. Food amazing. No meat but chicken and fish basically no dairy. Could have sweets /desserts if wanted to and alcohol but actually did not see one person drink! Rooms nice but a bit tired. No TV but no issue had to pay for Wifi. Yoga teachers amazing. Nuk the best teacher I have ever had and refined my practice.
Nothing to do near resort but I didnt want to leave anyway.
No beach at this time of year. Just a reef with sea way out. But pool area wonderful.
I enjoyed my time immensely and hope to return one day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kate B

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Best food EVER. I was at Samui and Phangan for close to 2 weeks and my best meals were all at Kamalaya. Nothing compares. Massage and treatments were good but they tend to finish 5 minutes early. TCM doctor was good. Some of the service staff deserves a mention too. Yoga classes weren't that great. I couldn't sleep that well due to the detox effects. Otherwise the rooms were amazing and comfortable too. If not for the exorbitant price, I would consider coming back sooner.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank n0uri
Reviewed July 6, 2013

From my perspective - it's all I wanted in order to de-stress and restore my equilibrium. I don't remember ever going to bed at 10pm?? That's what Kamalaya does for you - it simply intoxicates you in the healthiest possible way and sends you to sleep early, waking up all refreshed to the sound of birds and a stream running the length of the hilly resort. The staff are its best asset. The food is excellent. I commented with a few fellow guests that the food is way TOO-healthy; but despite this qualification, the near-vegan offerings ARE scrumptious !! It proves that a dish can be as tasty without the usual cream, butter , oil ... we often use to enhance the taste of our meals. I enjoyed every bit of my stay - we never left the compound and I will certainly come again !! One more thing - the rooms don't have TVs which I found to be refreshing!! I loved the fact that I spend five days without the usual CNNs,BBCs news for the sake of news ... something I now continue doing at home.

Room Tip: Book a villa - it is so spacious !!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank HKFrequentFlyer
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have visited Kamalaya twice in the last few years (this review is long overdue) and can say with confidence that it is the best spa in Thailand - having stayed at a local rival as well. The staff were welcoming, friendly and kind. The food was the best I have ever had at a spa. The massages and treatments were excellent and the Chinese TCM doctor I saw is easily one of the best I have ever met.
Kamalaya is really more than a spa, it is a wonderful place to have a break, relax and recuperate. I will certainly visit it again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TravellingLady0
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is a long overdue review, but I wanted to say at no place in the world that I have been to before or since Kamalaya have I felt more surrounded by spirit, nature and at peace. Kamalaya is the ultimate rejuvenation you never knew you needed.

me, the highlight remains the food and spa. The staff was good enough to send me a cookbook later, from which I have replicated many recipes.

Of my many friends and colleagues who have been to Kamalaya in the past years, not one has come back without a renewed enthusiasm for life. Could not recommend it more highly.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SarahReth
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Everyone should visit this place at least once a year to relax and rejuvenate. From the amenities, to the food, to the staff and therapists and well being classes offered it cannot be faulted. After a visit you leave refreshed and ready to take on the world.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are great, but to honest, you spend so little time in your room that location is re...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Carolyn M
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Kamalaya was recommended to me via friend who'd been there before. i went there not knowing what to expect except few good massages.
no words can justify what Kamalya is, but it wont kill to try. its beautiful yet not over overwhelmingly pretty, its like seeing a beautiful person stepping out of shower, no additives just pure beauty. The architecture of the place is smartly done, no wasted space, not intruding to nature rather blending in while making it comfortable. landscape is flawless, an organized chaotic jungle. i think what makes Kamalya so special is the staff. Well trained yet empowered to be. Well spoken and friendly yet quiet and distance if you need an alone moment. when i inquired about the service quality and behavior from one of the staff, she told me the instruction were to use common sense and just be.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Centara Villas Samui
Centara Villas Samui
#11 of 63 in Maret
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort

Been to Kamalaya Koh Samui? Share your experiences!