“The most amazing holiday. Thankyou everyone at Kamalaya.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kamalaya Koh Samui

Kamalaya Koh Samui
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Laem Set
Woolacombe, United Kingdom
“The most amazing holiday. Thankyou everyone at Kamalaya.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

I do alot of travelling and never write on these reviews. But i feel the need to write one for Kamalaya and the staff. This was the most exceptional holiday. From the moment i arrived to the moment i left i felt completley taken care of.
The detox program mixed with massages, holistic activities and delicious food were the perfect mix for a completley spectacular relaxed getaway. The staff, ever professional, kind and helpfull.
I left Kamalaya feeling like a healthier person, with newley learned skills to help me manage the stresses of life and relationships better. Also the knowlege to improve my diet.
Thankyou to everyone at Kamlaya.
I hope to see you all again soon!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Jodierichards9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

My Kamalaya break was only ten days, but they were the most exquisite ten days I have ever spent on holiday.

I was met at the airport by the resort driver and immediately offered a cold cloth to refresh myself with, and cold bottled water to rehydrate. The 40 minute drive to the resort was a beautiful trek along the coast and the driver chatted easily about the areas we drove through.

The staff at Kamalaya are the "gold standard" when it comes to customer service. Every need is met, and many anticipated. For example, my luggage was mislaid by the airline, which I mentioned when I checked in at the resort – imagine my delight when I discovered pajamas laid out on the bed for me by Housekeeping so I could change out of my clothes, shower, and rest before my afternoon schedule. The high quality personal care items in the room more than made up for the delay in receiving my own toiletries.

Every day at Kamalaya was a delight – from the beautifully appointed bedroom with its relaxing view of the ocean, to the exquisite meals and beverages, to the gorgeous landscaping and care taken for the best views in each location, to the wonderfully caring and supportive staff and treatment practitioners.

Never once did I feel pressured to sign up for additional therapies or treatments, all changes to my schedule and pre-booked treatment selections were lovingly and promptly accommodated (and every care taken to ensure the changes were not because I was unhappy with any service), and I felt like royalty every time I entered the Wellness Center Reception area. Every practitioner was superbly skilled; every treatment session was blissful. I loved the open-air structure of so many of the rooms – what a treat to receive a massage or acupuncture with soft ocean breezes wafting gently by.

I cannot compliment the food service sufficiently – what an incredible variety. The tantalizing array of fresh fruits, beverages, appetizers, and dishes from Detox soups and salads to the most sinfully delicious curries and seafood were astonishing. I will always remember the pad thai, pumpkin curry, chocolate mousse, and the fresh ginger ale – aaaah!

You have also managed to find the most incredible staff. Each and every one is so warm, attentive, and tenderly caring. They seem to so easily cocoon guests in welcome, and foster an environment of total relaxation.

While at Kamalaya I purchased the new Sodashi line of 100% natural skin care products and was totally pleased with their quality and the way my skin looked and felt. I cannot tell you how much I appreciated the 'gift' of a complimentary facial – with Sodashi products – as a 'thank you' for my purchase of the product line in your gift shop. Another sterling example of above-and-beyond customer service. I received compliments on my glowing complexion for several days, not just hours, after the facial.

As I currently work in a war zone, I was seeking an environment in which I would feel safe, nurtured, pampered, and cared for. My Kamalaya experience went well beyond what I had dreamed, and was "the stuff that dreams are made on". I will encourage everyone I meet to book a stay at Kamalaya, whether they need to recover from a high-stress lifestyle, or simply want to know what it is like to luxuriate in paradise. If your goal was to provide a superlative experience for guests, you have outdone yourselves.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
5 Thank Love4Eire
UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

nice atmosphere and high quality food, however the accommodation leaves alot to be desired and we had a suite. The detox packages are a complete rip-off. The charges are extortionate and not justifyable in my opinion.

For the price you pay, the resort is not as a standard you would expect, with very poor facilities.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank Lynnrobson
East Anglia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

There are no words to describe this place the service the wellness the treatments all are beyond words you just feel this must be heaven you leave this wonderful place feeling
ready to face the rest of the english winter but just longing to return. On the only down side they do allow children allthough it is not set up for children and is very quiet we did have guest staying wile we were there with a baby that cried for the whole week so just check when you are booking that it is child free if you want to have the peace that this wonderful place offers.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

This is my third time here, as my husband mentioned in another review, I have very strong feelings about never returning to the same place, the world is too big and I want to explore as much as I can during my stay on Earth! However, Kamalaya is an exception, truly and honestly. There is nothing quite like it, it's caters for everyone...be it healing your hurts, putting yourself back together for one reason or another, simply relaxing, detoxing, weight loss, yoga, pilates, getting fit (most fabulous gym), lap pool, classes offering everything imaginable. Anyway, as you can guess, I am truly in love with the Place....I have to say it really is the people that make it what it is, they are genuine, kind, honest and trustworthy. They make you feel special. The location is perfect, just far away from the buzz of koh samui but close enough if you fancy a shopping spree or a walk in Chewang or Lamai (the two closest towns). I would not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone, I would put my life on it.

I have detoxed for 7 days now, wonderful food and options (even detox food), amazing orgasmic treatments! Definately worth the value for such experienced people, giving incredible treatments and I'm feeling vey happy having now lost 9 pounds, my goal for the next 7 days, another 5 pounds at least! The beach is beautiful, it's private, you get iced water and any drink of your choice served to you to your sunbed, you have to walk out quite far to swim, but it doesn't matter a bit when literally everything else is perfect in every way. Each and every detail of this place has had so much thought put in, it's beautiful in everyway.

Please come and experience this wonderful place, you only live once afterall. I promise, it's worth it.

Jess Dyer

• Stayed December 2010
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

I have travelled many places in my life. I have policy that this world is too big to go back to the same place. My wife and I have been here three times 2007, 2008, 2010/11.
I can honestly say, Even if you don't leave your troubles behind, simply cannot escape from the detail, the love and pure geniusthat has gone into this place. The staff are second to none, they care they are beautiful. Kamalaya is heaven on Earth, I read one bad review and it basically said that the review was a stressed out pratt. Save your pennies and pay a little extra because it is worth it. If you want fitness, detox, weight loss or simple chilaxation this is the place it has everything and I mean EVERYTHING.. The food, the facilities make it very very very special. I could go on forever and I am sure my wife will also have her say.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lenny29
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

I had a really bad experience at this place. The website was seriously misleading. The buidings are crammed together and I felt that there were little place for privacy. I came to the resort to relax and have peace and quiet. Kamalaya had construction onsite which was unbearable.

The treatments are way overpriced. It seems to be a family run business that pretends to be an upscale wellness resort. The GM, Mark, put back any complaint that I had and told me that if i did not like it i could leave. I could go on and on.. I would never go back to this place.

Stayed October 2010
Poppies Samui
#1 of 104 in Chaweng
Anantara Bophut Koh Samui Resort
Sandalwood Luxury Villas

Been to Kamalaya Koh Samui? Share your experiences!