I found this hotel through Groupon (180 baht per night) and Rose, the assistant marketing manager, was really helpful with the questions I asked through e-mail.
When we arrived, it seemed like we were the only couple/guests at the hotel. But the next morning, we saw two other couples during breakfast! Perhaps it was not peak season.
Upon our arrival, we received two bowls of Thai dessert and a plate of fruits in our deluxe room. Our room was very spacious and clean, with a view of the garden and the sea that was a bit far off. There is a TV and DVD player. Unfortunately, there were only a few English channels and we ended up always watching one channel (in English) which featured animals all the time!
There is a nice swimming pool for adults, one for kids and a jacuzzi. You can walk out to the beach but we did not go as it was low tide. The breakfast was alright. They gave us a choice so we chose the American breakfast the first morning and they cooked it for us.
The hotel is quite a distance from the tourist spots and restaurants but they offer shuttle buses that can fetch you to and fro from Lamai and Chaweng. If not, you can rent a motorbike from the hotel at quite an affordable price. It was so much fun riding the bike (I was riding pillion!) around the island! There are two routes to return to the hotel from the main road, so take the one with more lights if you are going back to the hotel at night.
The hotel staff were pleasant, friendly and speak good English. They were helpful and very good with directions when we needed to find certain places.
Along with the fun I had visiting the various places on the beautiful island, I miss my 3d/3n stay in Banburee despite its not so strategic location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge yourself with a stay at this boutique resort in Samui Island. Hideaway Villa on a small beautiful Mountain" Our resort overlooking azure seas and private beaches. It is an idyllic setting to enjoy tropical sunsets, Refreshing you by a specialist spa therapist and savor our signature island cuisine at beside the sea. * Not recommend for those who has a problem with knee and walking problem to stay at Banburee Resort* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Banburee Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banburee Hotel Laem Set
- Banburee Resort And Spa
- Banburee Hotel Surat Thani
- Banburee Resort & Spa Ko Samui, Thailand