If you purchased a Groupon voucher for the Banburee Wellness Resort & Spa, demand a refund immediately. This place is a desolate scene from a horror movie--what might have been bright and shiny thirty years in the past is now a wasteland of crumbling facades (complete with musty odor...as if none of the toilets have been flushed in over a decade). There might be one or two other people who have the misfortune of occupying the resort at this moment, but other than that it is eerily quiet and abandoned. I spied an uneaten pizza cast aside in the empty restaurant--I don't dare eat here following such an ominous warning as that. My partner and I are checking out a day early from our two-night booking, tomorrow. We would bail today except for torrential rains--and a 45-minute ride from Chaweng. Even at $143 for 2 nights via Groupon, this place is no deal! You couldn't pay me to suffer this place--the zombie-like staff who nod and smile when you ask what happened to your promised deluxe room with jacuzzi, satellite TV, and private balcony. The jacuzzi is a small bathtub with jets. The satellite TV offers 4 channels. And the private balcony is neither private nor large enough to fit a chair. The pool area was void of staff/service members when we swam in the leaf-infested waters at 5pm. And to top it all off, this is the first place that has charged us for ice cubes (100 Baht/ $3.33 AUD/USD) to complement an already over-priced minibar. Preposterous! I can't get out of this hell-hole soon enough--shame on Groupon for not investigating this place prior to dangling the carrot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge yourself with a stay at this boutique resort in Samui Island. Hideaway Villa on a small beautiful Mountain" Our resort overlooking azure seas and private beaches. It is an idyllic setting to enjoy tropical sunsets, Refreshing you by a specialist spa therapist and savor our signature island cuisine at beside the sea. * Not recommend for those who has a problem with knee and walking problem to stay at Banburee Resort* ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Banburee Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banburee Resort And Spa
- Banburee Hotel Laem Set
- Banburee Hotel Surat Thani
- Banburee Resort & Spa Ko Samui, Thailand