We normally go to my parents house in spain which isn't so much a holiday as another home away with everything that entails, washing, cooking, tidying house upon arrival so for the first time we treated ourselves to a luxury holiday from 19th-30th August.We were met at the airport by our driver and taken on the 30 or so minute drive to Samui Beach Village. Upon arrival we were greeted by Sam and given complimentary drinks. We had arrived earlier than our check in time but our villa, Ban Khwam Rak was ready for us so they let us go straight over. Our bags were waiting for us and they gave us a lift to the villa on a golf buggy. the villa itself was exceptional, there were only 4 of us but it could have taken a good few more. 3 bedrooms all en-suite (with an additional toilet as well), our own pool, 4 sunbeds, gorgeous outdoor eating area and an xbox too! It also had a nice surround system for the tv and a bose stereo which can take a usb stick full of music which we used continuously.
the staff were all extremely friendly and very helpful indeed. they provided a mobile phone so were only a quick call away for practically anything you wanted (even when out and about on the island). our villa was about 50 metres from the beach and although there's obviously other properties next to you, it still felt very private indeed. the maids were very cheerful and did an excellent job daily, the restaurant staff too were all very polite, courteous and I think with all the staff, customer service is at the forefront of their minds and they take a real pride in it.
we ordered a car (I also had a scooter which is a must!) via reception and 15 minutes later it was delivered to our villa so we went off exploring the island which is also a must. turning right out of the entrance takes you to Lamei and the built up areas but turning left takes you into the stunning tropical countryside. It was nice, as a family, being just outside the main areas and having it all only a few minutes away.
the onsite gym had a fine array of equipment and there was also a tennis court and volleyball court which you could book though we didn't use these. there was a nice games area as well with a pool table, tennis table etc as well as a lovely communal pool. Myself and my wife both had massages (me 3 her 1) at the onsite spa and the ladies were again, very polite and courteous. The massage's were extremely good, the young lady who did us both was very skilled as you'd expect and worked pretty hard on the shoulder issue I had. The only problem was that time flies when getting it done.
breakfasts were very nice indeed and when our 2 daughters (10 and 12) couldn't get up in time the staff were happy to prepare food for them and let us take it back to them via golf buggy. you could have cooked breakfasts with eggs specifically prepared for you by the eternally cheerful Da, or fruit and cereals etc in the very nice bar area.
I would definitely recommend Samui Beach Village and hope at some point in the future to return as we all had a wonderful time in a fantastic resort on a beautiful island!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shiva Samui, the new name for Samui Beach Village is a luxury beachfront villa resort in Koh Samui, Thailand. We offer luxury villas from 2 to 5 bedrooms each with private pools, daily maid service and everything you expect from a luxury resort. We also have 1 or 2 bedroom Ocean Rooms with beautiful Ocean views and the resort boasts a Clubhouse with Restaurant, Flood-lit Tennis Court, Fitness Center, Spa, complimentary Water Sports, a FREE Children's Club and more. Brand New for 2016 is our newly opened Beach Club, with a top class beach side restaurant, terrace, and stunning pool with jacuzzi and swim up bar for relaxing and unwinding day and evening. All with over 90 on-site staff and concierge hotel-style services. Ideal for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or your perfect beach wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, HotelsClick and Despegar.com so you can book your Shiva Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Beach Village Hotel Koh Samui
- Shiva Samui Ko Samui, Thailand