My husband and I got married in front of Baan Sarika a few weeks ago. The wedding was gorgeous and went off without a hitch. The setup was beautiful and the flowers and arch on the beach were exactly how I had imagined. I had done all of my planning through Debbie prior to arriving and she was a great help!
The only problem we had was with the fireworks that we had booked not happening. The vendor had forgotten! Debbie was incredibly apologetic about it and it wasn't the hotel's fault either. She even comp-ed us some more paper lanterns because of it, which I thought was a very nice gesture.
The food was excellent as well! Everyone was raving about it! We had a mix of Thai and western food and all of it was excellent.
Baan Sarika was gorgeous and perfect for us! I had read in previous reviews that its falling apart and was a bit nervous, however, I don't think some people understand that the upkeep in a tropical place is ridiculously hard. Not to mention, a lot of the "flaws" gave it it's character. I wouldn't change anything!
The only complaint would lie with the restaurant, the Clubhouse. I had a lot of people from the week before the wedding tell me that they would ask for something and they would be out of it. I understand this is an island, but it is also a 5 star resort and I think this is something that should really be fixed. It's something small, but isn't that why you pay the extra money? Anyways, the food is great there. Nice and fresh and everything we had was great. Breakfast every morning was nice as well, just the flies all over that put a damper on things, but at the same time, there really isn't much you can do but cover the food, which they do.
All in all it was a trip we will never forget!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shiva Samui, the new name for Samui Beach Village is a luxury beachfront villa resort in Koh Samui, Thailand. We offer luxury villas from 2 to 5 bedrooms each with private pools, daily maid service and everything you expect from a luxury resort. We also have 1 or 2 bedroom Ocean Rooms with beautiful Ocean views and the resort boasts a Clubhouse with Restaurant, Flood-lit Tennis Court, Fitness Center, Spa, complimentary Water Sports, a FREE Children's Club and more. Brand New for 2016 is our newly opened Beach Club, with a top class beach side restaurant, terrace, and stunning pool with jacuzzi and swim up bar for relaxing and unwinding day and evening. All with over 90 on-site staff and concierge hotel-style services. Ideal for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or your perfect beach wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Shiva Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Beach Village Hotel Koh Samui
- Shiva Samui Ko Samui, Thailand