We visited Samui in 18-22nd May from India and stayed in Baan Rim Haad, We had a wonderful time. It was our family holiday after a longtime and it was perfect. I must say the Villa was exactly as seen in the photos on the website. This is a modern villa and is owned by the boss himself (Phil). It was in excellent condition. Only the Swimming Pool was having a bit more chemical than needed, but that was sorted after running the pumps for a while.
The villa is right on the beach. The sand on the beach was just amazing and we loved long walks on it. The breakfast was good every morning with lot of variety. We met Phil a few times and he was a very friendly person and was always helpful. The staff was very friendly also as in whole of thailand.
The Resort is bit away from all the happening places of Lamai and Chewang beach and we wanted it that way as we were in a family group and having fun within ourselves. we made friends with local Tuk-tuk guy and he came to the resort whenever we wanted, this brought down our transport bills a lot.
We visited the local sites and the marine Park, was fun. But something needs to be done about the way Thailand treats its animals, the tiger at one of the waterfalls was badly handled and drugged.
On our last night the power went off for 5 hours and we were shocked to know that there was no generator backup. It was very disappointing especially because the neighboring resort (which was much cheaper) was blazing with lights. Its just not acceptable at the price we were paying. But did not complain too much as we did have a great 4 days stay and did not wish to ruin the same by arguments. but they need a power backup urgently.
We will surely visit this place again, we carry lot of happy memories.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shiva Samui, the new name for Samui Beach Village is a luxury beachfront villa resort in Koh Samui, Thailand. We offer luxury villas from 2 to 5 bedrooms each with private pools, daily maid service and everything you expect from a luxury resort. We also have 1 or 2 bedroom Ocean Rooms with beautiful Ocean views and the resort boasts a Clubhouse with Restaurant, Flood-lit Tennis Court, Fitness Center, Spa, complimentary Water Sports, a FREE Children's Club and more. Brand New for 2016 is our newly opened Beach Club, with a top class beach side restaurant, terrace, and stunning pool with jacuzzi and swim up bar for relaxing and unwinding day and evening. All with over 90 on-site staff and concierge hotel-style services. Ideal for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or your perfect beach wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Shiva Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Beach Village Hotel Koh Samui
- Shiva Samui Ko Samui, Thailand