I and a few of my girl friends visited the resort last week..and WOW is what i would rate my experience..we stayed at the Baan Orchid..Just 2 minutes from the beach front..
The villa was extremely nice..as good as it looked on the website..our pick up from the airport was on time..
Inspite of having reached at 7 in the morning the resort people accommodated us in their very well kept ocean view rooms till our villa was ready..They even had breakfast sent to us.
No lengthy checkin formality was required..infact we did not even have to get off at the reception..the van stopped at the entrance we were greeted by a nice lady who just asked for our passports which were returned within an hour and were driven straight to the ocean rooms as we were very tired from the early morning flight..
What amazing staff..I was careless enough to leave my folder containing my tickets, passport, and a lot of money outside the ocean view rooms while we shifted to our villa..Realized only hours later what i was missing and there we had one of the staff people walking in with my folder.. And let me tell you NOT a penny missing..i was so amazed by the honesty..cant thank them enough..
The food was great..very very well maintained villas and private pool..everything you could ask for was equipped at the villa..enough utensils, cutlery, etc.
For all those (like us) who worry about its proximity to Chaweng - It is barely a 20 min ride..we hired our own car and managed even on our own..they have shuttles to Lamai often..and scooters and cabs are readily available..cabs from Chaweng to the resort are available even at early hours in the morning..
All villas are equipped with a safe and the staff advises you to activate and put your valuables in it on check in..We did that all the time..perfectly safe resort and surroundings..
The only thing that can be improved is the beach front..Maybe a little more life to it would be a good idea..Since it is a shallow beach dont expect to go there for swimming..
Just one downside: The reception closes by 10 P.M. so if you have an early check out make sure you sort out your bills before you head out for any late night the night before..even though our man was sweet enough to come from his house to the resort when we requested him to late in the night, I recommend them to have a 24hr reception..i think it is a must for any resort..
Over all a superb experience..very nice courteous staff..excellent villas..everything you need to unwind on your vacation..close yet far from the hustle and bustle..i highly recommend Samui Beach Village..
I hope to be back soon..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shiva Samui, the new name for Samui Beach Village is a luxury beachfront villa resort in Koh Samui, Thailand. We offer luxury villas from 2 to 5 bedrooms each with private pools, daily maid service and everything you expect from a luxury resort. We also have 1 or 2 bedroom Ocean Rooms with beautiful Ocean views and the resort boasts a Clubhouse with Restaurant, Flood-lit Tennis Court, Fitness Center, Spa, complimentary Water Sports, a FREE Children's Club and more. Brand New for 2016 is our newly opened Beach Club, with a top class beach side restaurant, terrace, and stunning pool with jacuzzi and swim up bar for relaxing and unwinding day and evening. All with over 90 on-site staff and concierge hotel-style services. Ideal for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or your perfect beach wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Shiva Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Beach Village Hotel Koh Samui
- Shiva Samui Ko Samui, Thailand