We were a family group of 9 adults and 4 kids ( 10 and under ) who stayed at the Samui Beach Village from the 3rd of May for 7 nights. For the first three nights we were housed in Leelavadee and Beach Village House and then moved across to the beach front Baan Sarika for 4 nights.
As physical properties, Leelavadee and Beach Village House were top notch -modern , well appointed and maintained -everything working as it should.Pools were clean and checked/serviced daily.
Baan Sarika was a disaster - with its awesome beachfront location , this villa gets sold back to back leaving no time for maintenance/repair/upgradation -the wooden floors have deep gouges in them and are in bad shape -similarly the outdoor pool furniture needs a coat of varnish and the woodwork in the covered barbecue area next to the pool is falling apart.The soft furnishings need dry cleaning -most of the chairs and cushions/mattresses in the house have bed bugs - and I am not confusing bedbug bites to the bites from the ubiquitous mosquito which inhabit the outdoors.Do not stay at Baan Sarika until its renovated - the pictures I attach are to reinforce the fact the owner of the villa needs to realize he needs to act fast.
Location wise the property is excellently located - barely a twenty minute ride up the east coast in the hotel shuttle to the bright lights of Chaweng and another 10 to Bophut. It may look a long distance on the map but then a whole round of the island is just 50 odd km !!
The property is set back about 400 yds from the 4170 and has excellent concreted lanes going thru connecting the villas-we hired the kids cycles and it was very safe for them cycling inside the property. The beach is protected by a reef some 100 yards out so unless the tide is in ,there's a massive expanse of sand in front of the property- it is very safe for young kids to be doing their sandcastle thing on the beach
A big highlight was the free chef's evening where the chef came and cooked us a delightful Thai banquet -he's in great demand so you need to book him in advance . That probably also explains the fluctuating food quality in the evenings at the Beach Club restaurant -good when he's there and mediocre when he's booked out at a villa.
What was indeed fantastic was the service - I was happy with the efficiency of displayed by the online sales team in the UK during the booking process. On the ground, led by the energetic Fiona , the team provided the crucial difference between an average and a great holiday. Whether it was advice on where to dine , where to take the kids for some amusement , organizing a taxi at short notice , request for extra towels -it was all done with a smile.
Suggestions - Food quality at the restaurant needs to improve - and the Spa needs major upgradation in terms of facilities and masseuses so as to become a revenue center.
All up a great value family holiday resort - we will definitely be back !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shiva Samui, the new name for Samui Beach Village is a luxury beachfront villa resort in Koh Samui, Thailand. We offer luxury villas from 2 to 5 bedrooms each with private pools, daily maid service and everything you expect from a luxury resort. We also have 1 or 2 bedroom Ocean Rooms with beautiful Ocean views and the resort boasts a Clubhouse with Restaurant, Flood-lit Tennis Court, Fitness Center, Spa, complimentary Water Sports, a FREE Children's Club and more. Brand New for 2016 is our newly opened Beach Club, with a top class beach side restaurant, terrace, and stunning pool with jacuzzi and swim up bar for relaxing and unwinding day and evening. All with over 90 on-site staff and concierge hotel-style services. Ideal for a romantic getaway, a family holiday or your perfect beach wedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Shiva Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Beach Village Hotel Koh Samui
- Shiva Samui Ko Samui, Thailand