Lowest prices for your stay
$113
$48
Priceline$62
Travelocity$113
Hurb$131
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We loved just about every minute at this great hotel. We had a two bedroom apartment which was so incredibly spacious and modern. The kitchen was fully equipped down to the washing soap and the washer even came with detergent. The view from our balcony was amazing. The best part about this hotel was the restaurant below. The food was excellent and could be ordered through room service. It was so reasonably prices and tasty -- they even had a great kids menu. The pools were great for the kids, including a sloped entrance into the pool for kids. There was a great library of DVD's for you to borrow and it was a very large collection. The distance was not a problem. In fact, it was nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of chaweng beach. Also, the beach was nice if you walked to the right. You probably can't lay out there but it was great for our kids who love to explore the sea.
It's very sad because I do have one serious problem with this hotel. The kids club is not properly attended. We visited it twice and both times we stayed with our kids. The first time, we arrived at 9am and it was run by a man who didn't speak much English and was more interested in watching tv. The second time, we went in the afternoon and again the staff was more interested in watching some Thai tv game show with the housekeeping staff than minding the kids. I travel a lot around the world and visit kids clubs and this was the worst kids club that I have ever seen. I hope that the management figures this out and tries to improve the kids club because otherwise, this is an amazing hotel that I still think about revisiting.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Americangurl
ShasaResortSamui, General Manager at ShaSa Resort & Residences, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear Americangurl,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at ShaSa. It is only through your valuable comments that we are able to continuously improve our service.
We are really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay to the fullest. Please rest assured that this was an exception, as you can see most of our authentic valuations on Tripadvisor are more than positive which reflects our high quality standards.

Please allow me to express our apologies for the inconveniences you had while using our kids club facilities. We are sorry that our service did not meet your expectations although we are fully aware that the employee deviance is inexcusable and that on this particular day our service was not up to the standards of this property.

At ShaSa, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Of course we are taking the appropriate measures to address all matters brought up by our guests and prevent any future occurrences.

I remain at your disposal for any further comment you would like to make and for any further query shall you wish to travel again to Samui. I will be more than happy to give you my personal attention on that occasion.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed here for the previous 4 nights (room 221) I believe that the contributions to date have been Honest and True.

Having written on Tripadvisor previously and believing its reviews to be sound I am happy to share the following based on my stay to date.

Strengths

- very efficient staff, welcoming and happy to please

- superb accommodation, with tranquil gardens

- 3 swimming pools, fitness room and kids club/room

Areas for improvement

- Upate of intermittent Wifi

- Refreshments needed poolside

- dining alternatives needed, in adition to the trek to and from Lamai/Chaweng

As my stay continues I shall amend/edit where necessary.

Enjoy Koh Samui.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank Gorty1999
ShasaResortSamui, General Manager at ShaSa Resort & Residences, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Gordy1999,

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed by the World Class hotel, ShaSa. We aim to exceed the expectations of our guests and I hope you felt we accomplished this. I am also glad my team looked after you so well and that you found our facilities so impressive. I will pass on all the wonderful comments about my team to the various departments. Feedback from guests is always helpful and encouraging to hear.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed for a week at ShaSa and cannot recommend it highly enough! We agree with other reviewers about the excellence and spaciousness of the appartments - which makes this so much more than just a hotel. The attention to detail and care taken with housekeeping and maintenance is exceptional. We particularly want to praise the gardening and pool crews who ensured that the site it constantly in tip top order.
Others have criticised the beach. I disagree. No, it's not Copacabana. But it certainly is swimmable. I enjoyed many a luxurious dip in the perfectly still private lagoon the hotel has created. Just take flip flops down to the water's edge and tiptoe out a bit carefully.
Of course, it is a bit out of the way (if you can have that on a small island) and not a place for party people - but this is precisely what we wanted. Not a sound at night, no cars, no raucous music. Just perfect tropical stillness.
Some tips I would suggest: don't bring too many clothes. The in-appartment laundry facilities (machine / dryer) are excellent. If you like a 'sundowner' on the spacious private balcony overlooking the sea, do bring a couple of bottles from duty free and a selection of snacks (the nearest shop is a long way away).
Finally, the Beyond the Sea restaurant is of very high standard both in Asian and western cuisines, with friendly and very attentive service.
(The only possible criticism I could make is that there are a lot of steps on the site - not so suitable for anyone with mobility difficulties)

Room tip: All rooms are good I am sure, but higher floors will give a better view.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mugster1
ShasaResortSamui, General Manager at ShaSa Resort & Residences, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear Mugster1,

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the resort including outstanding service from our staff, the gardening and pool staff in particular. I was delighted to see that you also appreciated the spacious suite and the delicious food both of Asian and western cuisine at our signature restaurant “Beyond the Sea”. I will be sure to pass your comments along to our entire team as recognition of their professionalism and dedication.

Thank you for the kind words, the team is excitedly looking forward to your return.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had the opportunity to stay in ShaSa Resort for a week. It is a boutique resort with only about 30 odd apartment units. It has 1 main pool, 1 smaller pool and an adult only pool which is fairly small. The location of the resort is about 40 minutes from the airport. It is situated in a hill slope surrounded by lush green tropical trees; away from the main road.

We booked a 3 bedroom deluxe apartment; and the apartment was huge. The master bedroom came with an en-suite bathroom and an excellent view of the ocean. The apartment is very functional and has all the utilities and equipment to make your stay very comfortable and relaxing; a home away from home. The living room has a huge flat screen TV with DVD player, iPod docking station with speakers, huge sofa and chaise lounge. The kitchen has all the utensils and cutlery necessary for any in-house cooking. The apartment also comes with a washing machine and dryer. Each apartment has a balcony which is fronting the sea. It also offers a wide collection of DVDs, books and magazines that you can easily borrow from the reception.

All the staffs were very friendly and warm; very typical of Thai hospitality. And because of the small number of apartments and guests, the staff will get to know you easily thus making your stay very personalized. While we were there, we noticed that the majority of the guests were families with younger children, even though there were 1 or 2 young couples which we suspect were honeymooners.

It has an on-site spa and massage service which we had the opportunity to sample. The service was good and the staffs were friendly. The prices of the services were obviously more expensive than outside. But we were lucky since during our stay, they were running promotions for some of their services at a discounted price.

Though we had an excellent and relaxing time staying in the resort, we would like to highlight a few concerns.

1) The location of the resort is too far away from the main town center. There are no shops or restaurants within reasonable walking distance; as a result, you end up dining at the in-house restaurant. Do not be mistaken, the in-house restaurant called ‘Beyond The Sea’ is an excellent restaurant renowned for fine dining. It is open to both in-house and outside guests. It offers both Thai and internationalal carte menu. But after having dined in the same restaurant for several nights continuously, it will naturally start to lose its appeal. And as you would have guessed, the prices are also reflective of its fine dining status.

2) The beach where the resort is situated is rocky, with huge pebbles and rocks. We did not try swimming in the beach and did not notice any of the guests swimming either. Even though the staffs mentioned that it is possible to swim if we walk about 100m towards the right side of the beach, we did not find such a location.

3) The resort provides free shuttle to Lamai and Chaweng twice a day, albeit limited number of seats. So, advanced booking is essential. However, the free shuttle only operates a ONE way service, meaning you would have to find your own way back to the resort, be it pre-booking with the resort (for a fee of course) or with public taxis (approx. THB600 returning from Chaweng). It would have been better if they provided return service as well. Since the minivan that takes your into town will eventually return back to the resort empty.

4) Another concern, though not major, more of an annoyance is the Wi-Fi connection. The resort provides free Wi-Fi connection which is a good thing. But unfortunately, for some reason the connection is always broken. You will need to carry around with you the user ID and password to login each time your device goes into power saving mode. Why the need to authenticate each and every time? Most Wi-Fi connections only require one time authentication. They should look into this and improve the Wi-Fi service.

All in all, it is a nice boutique resort where one can enjoy a relaxing stay but unfortunately, it is too far away from the town center. And for the price you pay, we are sure that there are other 5 star resorts closer to the town center; so as not to be confined just within the resort itself. The last thing you want is to dine in the same restaurant during the entire time of your holiday and not being able to easily walk out of the resort to enjoy the local atmosphere whilst having to pay for transport each time you need to go out to town (or back for that matter).

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Real_Maverick
ShasaResortSamui, General Manager at ShaSa Resort & Residences, Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Real_Maverick,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit to Shasa Resort & Residences Koh Samui. I am especially happy to hear that the resort facilities, the quality of service as well as our spa exceeded your expectations.
I have also taken note of your constructive comment as it is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve the guest experience at our resort, I appreciate you bringing your feedback to my attention.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you once again here in Koh Samui in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This is our second stay at ShaSa and the only things that have changed are for the better. When it just opened the breakfast was not great and we left a note to their GM. Well this stay it shows they have really listened the breakfast was enjoyable each and every day. The location is not ideal if you want to go out shopping, but most things are a 400THB ride away in a taxi. Which is cheap enough if you only want to go out every other night. We arranged a great private chef to come and teach us to cook and prepare great food as well as a nanny for most of our stay in Thailand (highly recommend both).

My two things to improve before we come back again (they listened last time):
Great kids club, but staff need to be more involved. They try to operate on a schedule and won't let the kids use paint, or pencils unless it is the scheduled time. Please fix this small thing and even charge me for the equipment if this is a concern, but with so many great nanny's in Thailand the kids club could be much better utilized as room is great size and set up really well. This aspect is a great benefit and would receive rave review if done properly.

The coffee. It's good, but could be better. Velvet smooth milk over froth and learn all the different types and even have an extensive menu. People love their coffee!

Date of stay: July 2012